Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

*GROSS PICTURE* 10 weeks.. and not sure what to make of when I wiped..

(16 Posts)
sjd114 Thu 13-Aug-15 15:30:41

Hi..

I'm 10 weeks today, and haven't been 'feeling pregnant' for a couple of weeks & I just wiped myself after a wee.. and this was on the tissue.. not quite sure what to make of it?!
Got myself a little upset/worked up..

Advice please?
sad

birdbrain21 Thu 13-Aug-15 15:37:52

I have no experience but didn't want to read and run. It looks a little brown to me which could be old blood. Do you have any pains? Have you had your booking in appointment? There should be a number on you notes for am early pregnancy unit you can call for reassurance

sjd114 Thu 13-Aug-15 15:41:41

Hi birdbrain - I did think it was brown, but just my brain kept thinking it's pinky red. sad I haven't had any pains, I had my booking in app 2 days ago, so will give them a ring if it happens again, as it went when I wiped the 2nd time.. so not sure? sad

birdbrain21 Thu 13-Aug-15 15:43:45

It's always easy to panic I'm 16 weeks at the moment and even having had a scan every twinge makes me worry! Hope all is okay with you!

BrienneofQarth Thu 13-Aug-15 15:46:49

I had this early in two of my pregnancies - dd is nearly 3 and I'm
15+4 with dc2. However, it's always best to check these things out, to put your mind at rest if nothing else. All the best!

BeautifulBatman Thu 13-Aug-15 15:49:32

Looks brown to me. I had this twice, once at 6 weeks or so, and again at about 9 weeks. I'm now 31 weeks with no problems (touch wood). Your uterus is stretching and moving so it could just be old blood. Have you had sex recently? That can cause a little bit of blood shed. And do you have your 12 we scan date?

sjd114 Thu 13-Aug-15 16:02:00

beautifulbatman - I did think it could of been old blood, but it's the first time I've had it! sad nope, not had sex recently. So It can't be that! sad not had my date for scan yet.. just want to it come now, so I can see if everything is okay! sad x

BeautifulBatman Thu 13-Aug-15 16:08:02

I think it probably is. Your scan shouldn't be too long away now. Being blunt, of something is going to go wrong, having an earlier scan won't prevent it. But I'm sure nothing is wrong, it'll just be old blood shedding and you'll see your little one in a couple of weeks on screen. Just take things as easy as you can - no heavy lifting etc. Fx for you, try to stay calm and keep us updated x

RockerMummy184 Thu 13-Aug-15 16:10:29

Are you showing any signs of dehydration or a water infection? It could be your wee that's got blood in.

sjd114 Thu 13-Aug-15 16:12:56

rockermummy I'm pretty sure I have none of those.. sad ahh.

SpeckledFrog2014 Thu 13-Aug-15 17:18:34

I had similar at 6/7 weeks with baby and the GP was very good, got me booked in for an early pregnancy scan the next day, so do go if you're worried and have not yet been contacted by the midwife. For me there wasn't any cause for concern, baby was nine months old Tuesday.

sjd114 Fri 14-Aug-15 08:09:21

I have got an appointment with my gp this morning. So going to see what they say.. tmi I just went for a poop & noticed a bit of the brown blood in the side of the bowl.. and when I wiped, again.. more brown blood ( and it wasn't the poop haha ) sad

CarrotPuff Fri 14-Aug-15 08:37:20

Get your GP to refer you to EPU, or if you can self refer just give them a ring. Better to get checked out and put your mind at rest. I hope all is well flowers

sjd114 Fri 14-Aug-15 10:13:17

I've been booked in for an early scan on Monday. . And take urine in with me. Fingers crossed x

SpeckledFrog2014 Fri 14-Aug-15 10:50:37

All the best for Monday, try not to worry too much, I know it's hard. Just take it easy this weekend and relax, stress isn't good for either of you

sjd114 Fri 14-Aug-15 12:18:47

Thank you speckledfrog i will he relaxing this weekend ready for Monday. Very apprehensive as to see what the scan has to show. Will update you all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now