Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Increased fluid. Admission to hospital

(11 Posts)
happymummyone Thu 13-Aug-15 13:29:44

I've just been for my 34 week growth scan, baby was fine but I've got increased fluid since my last scan at 28 weeks. I passed my glucose tolerance test back then too. They've decided to admit me today to run another GTT test and various other things. I can't help but worry. Any advice?

happymummyone Sat 15-Aug-15 23:52:57

Anyone?

SoontobeMommyof2 Sun 16-Aug-15 04:52:02

I've been told I have increased fluid at 28 weeks.. GTT was fine but waiting for results of a TORCH test.. it's just a blood test.

Wasn't told much else except see you in 2 weeks. I'm hoping they will tell me more this week. You been kept in? xx

scarednoob Sun 16-Aug-15 08:19:28

It sounds as if they are keeping a close eye on you, so I wouldn't worry too much - it's unlikely to be a problem and if one does arise, they'll spot it! I would try to relax as much as possible (hard I know). 34 weeks is so close to bubs arriving!

happymummyone Sun 16-Aug-15 09:50:31

Well they kept me in for two day, did the torch test and the repeat GTT, torch test came back clear, still waiting on GTT. When they first admitted me they seemed really worried, gave me the worst case scenario and we're talking about keeping me in til I went full term but after monitoring me and the baby for a couple of days they let me go after giving me steroids. Gotta see them next week for a scam to check fluid levels and I'm hoping they will have gone down.

ANiceSliceOfCake Sun 16-Aug-15 09:54:35

I had this a few weeks ago, I had high fluid, then since I've had 2 normal results, I'm back again next week for another check.

Worst case scenario they told me was they just wouldn't want my waters breaking at home , so they would want you in on your due date to induce you - that's what they told me. Yes I freaked out, as us pregnant women do! But now I'm ok, baby will be here safe and sound one way or another.

Good luck.

SoontobeMommyof2 Sun 16-Aug-15 09:55:47

Fingers crossed then..I suppose they have to give you the worst case news first. I'm hoping they will give me some more news when I go on Wednesday.

Sure all will be fine.. the steroids for the babies lungs? x

happymummyone Sun 16-Aug-15 10:02:41

Reassuring that the waters can go down. My levels aren't exceptionally night. My notes said normal was <24 and my levels are 26.5. If I hadn't have had the scan I genuinely wouldn't have known there was anything wrong as baby is very active, head down and I feel completely normal!!

Yes the steroids were to mature his lungs in case he makes an early appearance, more than happy to have them done, it's just an added safety net. But ouch! They sting like a bastard.

bearchomp Sun 16-Aug-15 10:19:38

I had this with my DS - they just did regular scans (GTT clear)
And finally at 39 weeks induced me due to high bp and the polyhydramnios. They told me just to take it easy and gave me instructions on what to do if my waters broke at home.
Am now 21 wks pregnant again and have a scan at 28wks to see if it has repeated with this pregnancy.
Hope all goes OK with you

scarednoob Sun 16-Aug-15 10:42:23

They can definitely go down; mine were 19.2 at 27 weeks and 14.4 at 32 weeks - now of course I am panicking it's all leaking!!

happymummyone Sun 16-Aug-15 10:43:09

Thanks everyone, I was having a hard time shaking off the worst case scenario! Nice to know it doesn't have to be doom and gloom smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now