Talk

Advanced search

Help - is this normal?

(12 Posts)
Olivia2015 Thu 13-Aug-15 10:44:14

Really comforting to read everyone’s experiences. I wonder if anyone might be able to offer advice for my own? I had a miscarriage about 2 months ago, was very early on. I then found out I was pregnant a couple of weeks ago but am obviously very conscious of how fragile things can be. Since last week, I have been getting brown blood and discharge. It was heavier a week ago for about a day and now is only really when I go to the toilet. When I miscarried, it felt much different as I passed red blood and clots, as well as awful cramping. I haven’t experienced any of that this time round but still don’t want to get my hopes up. I am booked in for a scan at my EPU on Monday so trying not to think about it until then. I did another pregnancy test about a week after and it seems to have progressed from 1-2 weeks, to 2-3 weeks. If anyone has had a similar experience, would be great to hear both good and bad outcomes. I just want to prepare myself for a realistic result. Thanks again.

Frankie72 Thu 13-Aug-15 11:38:10

I'm in a very similar position.... Miscarriage at 8 weeks and got preg straight away now around 6 weeks. I have started to spot brown blood for the last few days and it's horribly scary! I had been booked in with the Epu to have a scan on Friday as the scan they did last week only showed a sac... I'm now petrified for tomorrow!!! I can't say if it's normal or anything but I can say you're not alone xxx

Olivia2015 Thu 13-Aug-15 12:00:05

Thanks Frankie. I have just another test so I can monitor and it's now saying Pregnant 3+ weeks so hoping that's a good sign, though you never know! I hope your scan goes well tomorrow, would be great to hear how you get on. xxx

northdownmummy Thu 13-Aug-15 12:06:07

I had brown discharge and spotting most days between 5 and 10 week. Currently 29 weeks and getting lots of kicks so it can be ok

Grizzer Thu 13-Aug-15 14:06:44

I've had 3 'big' bleeds & loads of spotting. Currently 18 weeks and all fine. Mine is due to a low anterior placenta but there are loads of reasons for spotting which aren't miscarriage. Impossible not to worry I know but there's every chance it's nothing. I paid £59 for a reassurance scan with Baby Bond recently because I keep panicking! Worth every penny if you can't get a scan on the NHS yet.

Jilly84 Thu 13-Aug-15 14:06:59

I had a bleed very similar to what you are describing around week 5/6 which lasted around 10 days. You may well have to have a 2nd scan 10-14 days after the one you have booked on Monday (I did) depending on how far along the embryo is.

I had another bleed at 9 weeks and then again at 12/13 but I'm 23 weeks now and things have been fine since (fingers crossed!).

There's so many different causes, try not to google or you'll drive yourself crazy. A lot of them are perfectly harmless to the baby.

BowiesJumper Thu 13-Aug-15 18:32:11

I had lots of brown spotting and some red spotting, on one occasion a bit heavier. Had a nerve wracking scan at the epu at 6+4 which showed a little blob with a heartbeat.

I'm now 28+3 and all good.

Good luck!

Frankie72 Fri 14-Aug-15 10:13:41

Positive scan :-) saw a fetal pole and heart beat! Very stressful experience now just have to wait another 6 weeks to the next x

Olivia2015 Fri 14-Aug-15 10:42:43

Frankie, that's great news! So happy for you! I have mine on Monday so fingers crossed xxx

Olivia2015 Fri 14-Aug-15 10:43:48

Thank you everyone else for your messages - it is incredibly comforting to hear that others are experiencing similar symptoms xxx

Olivia2015 Tue 18-Aug-15 13:49:24

I had my scan yesterday and it was positive with a heart beat. Extremely relieved and happy. Fingers crossed all goes well until my next scan but thank you again for your messages which really helped xxx

Frankie72 Tue 18-Aug-15 15:33:08

That's fab news :-) x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now