Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

19 weeks pregnant.......feeling a bit grotty with headaches and a bit woozy! looking for advice and tips...

(6 Posts)
Piper0804 Thu 13-Aug-15 09:08:49

Hi. I am hoping that someone might be able to pass on a few tips....I am 19 weeks pregnant and I have been struggling with headaches for the last few weeks. But in the last couple of days i have been getting bad headaches and not sleeping well and also feeling a bit woozy. I have just rang a midwife but she said not too worry and just make sure that I am drinking plenty. I am not too worried but I feel like I am stuck in a vicious cycle with a lack of sleep which is making my headaches worse - I havent gone into work today and yesterday as I have a bit of a commute and I honestly don't think I could manage it at the minute. I am taking paracetamol and only really drinking water. I am eating fine.

If anyone has had similar experiences or got any tips that would be good - I just want to snap out of this!! Thank you Laura

PotteringAlong Thu 13-Aug-15 09:11:49

I still have headaches and feel a bit woozy and my children are 3 and 1...

As the midwife said, drink plenty and wait for your body to adjust how much sleep it needs.

TenForward82 Thu 13-Aug-15 09:30:59

I would ask the to check you for pre-eclampsia to be on the safe side, as those are some of the symptoms. Surprised the midwife didn't check.

jmac88 Thu 13-Aug-15 10:30:05

Or alternatively it could be low blood pressure as I have had the same. Though there's not much you can do about that either apparently!

What about trying one of those 4 head sticks or a herbal remedy?

Piper0804 Thu 13-Aug-15 16:07:18

I had my blood pressure checked about 3 weeks ago and it was fine - no other signs of preeclampsia - but I also throught that they would have wanted me in to check.

I will try the 4 head stick - dont know of any herbal remedies - will have a look online.

BeautifulBatman Thu 13-Aug-15 16:09:47

Do you know if your iron levels are ok?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now