Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone got a shoulder to cry on?

(10 Posts)
tinyme135 Wed 12-Aug-15 10:04:37

This morning my mood has took a turn for the worse. I'm sat at work crying wanting the 9 hours to hurry up and go. I keep wanting to go home and sleep the day away. I haven't saw my DP for two days as he's doing horrible hours at work and it's really getting to me. When will it get better?

zannyminxoxox Wed 12-Aug-15 12:30:39

smile hope your ok

Cnmorgan13 Wed 12-Aug-15 13:41:41

If your mood is persistently low I would go see your GP. Pre natal depression is a genuine condition and there is help out there. You don't have to go through it alone

warriorbot Wed 12-Aug-15 17:41:49

Which trimester are you in? I'm in T1 and the fatigue and hormones have me alternately bawling, sleeping and stuffing my face!

It's definitely worth checking in with your GP about PreND. Will your DP be home tonight for hugs? And is there anything you can do that you might enjoy when you get in (A bath? Something you really like to watch on TV? A dance around the living room to some cheesy music?)

Hang in there. If it's just ("just" - hah!) T1 fatigue and hormones, my friends who have been through this have promised that for most women it gets better after 12-16 weeks (and I do feel like I'm starting to turn the corner a bit at week 11.) If it's going on for longer, or you're starting to notice self neglect or worrying thoughts of self harm, get in to see your GP or midwife asap. Depression is a sneaky git - I speak from experience - but it is very treatable!

tinyme135 Thu 13-Aug-15 09:09:18

I'm feeling a lot better today. Wouldn't say I'm fully there but I'm better. DP surprised me on my dinner and drove all the way you see me and spent family time with my nan too with her home made stew. It was just what I needed.

warrior I'm in the second trimester and unfortunately my tiredness hasn't subsided as of yet haha. I did talk to my mw at my 16 weeks app and she said because I keep having the odd days like this it's normal so im just going to keep an eye on my moods.

I was probably just having a paddy cause I was on my own haha

warriorbot Thu 13-Aug-15 10:09:04

Yay for DP and Nan's stew!

tinyme135 Thu 13-Aug-15 18:05:27

Unfortunately my mood didn't last long.l so back to square one "/ just want to be happy.

lilyb84 Thu 13-Aug-15 19:49:38

Sorry you're feeling down again tiny sad. Is there anything you can do for yourself that's nice and might help lift your mood? I know when you're feeling blue often nothing helps but if you can find even just a small thing to make yourself feel a bit better? For me it's a bath and a book, just a little time to unwind without having to think about anything else.

I'd also echo others' comments, it's worth seeing your GP to see if they can offer any support for prenatal depression. I'm on a course of CBT at the moment which I referred to months ago but am so glad to have it right now - it's a great help and has already lifted me out of a bout of depression.

Hope you feel better soon - remember you only need to get through a day at a time, it's okay to feel the way you feel, and thoughts are just that - thoughts. Lots of us on here and the antenatal boards for hand holding and support flowers

mumof2oneofeach Thu 13-Aug-15 19:52:19

Go to the GP. Mine signed me off work for a few weeks and it was exactly what I needed but not what I would ever have realised I did. You need to look after yourself. It will get better.

tinyme135 Thu 13-Aug-15 20:38:53

I'm trying to think of Wednesday when I see the little one again at my 20 weeks scan. Got a wedding to go to on Saturday maybe that'll cheer me up. I'm not normally like this. I'm normally the one people come to when they're down. It's weird being on the other side of it all. I should be happy about being pregnant. I was told I couldn't have kids yet here I am 18 weeks gone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now