Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

9wks preg. No2. Feeling Massive!!

(13 Posts)
Newfamily2014 Tue 11-Aug-15 19:49:58

Oh my! 9 weeks pregnant with baby number 2 and my tummy is so big and feels bloated. I feel like I might need maternity trousers soon!!
Anyone else feel like this?

pocopearl Tue 11-Aug-15 20:31:39

:D I remember with DS1 I only had to look at bread and i looked ready to drop, if its any consolation for me it eased off around 14/16 weeks.

I have all that to come yet for this pregnancy

MrsNuckyThompson Tue 11-Aug-15 20:36:45

Tbh I was like this with my first. Buy a bump band and use hair bobbles to expand your trousers/ jeans then when you need to buy mat trousers do so. Only fictional people on MN go to 24 weeks in their own clothes!!

Lucy61 Thu 13-Aug-15 20:14:33

That's true Mrs Nucky. Someone once suggested that they were still in there jeans at nearly 30 weeks!

MyNameIsSuz Thu 13-Aug-15 20:25:12

I really did look normal until about 20 weeks last time! This time I'm ten weeks and huge!

MissSMartin Thu 13-Aug-15 20:25:54

haha mrsnucky I use the bobble expander trick.. works a treatgrin

BrienneofQarth Thu 13-Aug-15 20:28:35

I was in maternity trousers by that stage with 2nd pregnancy (first was mc) and think I was 7-8 weeks with this one! I actually told my work before the 12 week deadline because they kept sneaking curious looks at my stomach! By full term with dd I was a normal size, measured slightly small actually! So the early bloat isn't necessarily a sign you'll be enormous.

Runningupthathill82 Thu 13-Aug-15 21:22:05

With DS1 I had a flat stomach til 15 weeks....second time around I popped out at 5 weeks and was in maternity jeans by nine weeks. Totally different on no 2!

Newfamily2014 Thu 13-Aug-15 22:41:32

Glad it's not only me!
Tmi alert: but I also feel full of gas which isn't helping the bloat! Burping for England! Lol

CarrotPuff Fri 14-Aug-15 08:53:43

I got very bloated at 9w, now 10w and it's gone down quite a bit, although I still have days when it's quite bad. DC2 here too.

kaymondo Fri 14-Aug-15 09:05:48

I was mat trousers by 9wks with no 2, there was no hiding it!

Junosmum Fri 14-Aug-15 10:02:10

I have to say, I'm 18 weeks with my first and some of my normal clothes do still fit, mainly leggings and dresses, but 1 pair of jeans still fits too and a pair of work trousers. All my normal tops fit too.

I thought I was going to have to move totally in to mat clothes at 11 weeks but it settled down and I found it was mostly bloat. I'm smaller now than I was then, though have a more defined bump now. Though to everyone else I just look a bit porky!

VeryEarlyDays Fri 14-Aug-15 10:44:11

me too! In my maternity jeans already.at 9 weeks (to be honest they are so comfy I only needed the smallest excuse). I am massive though and worried as haven't told work yet (because I'm a teacher in didn't find out until the hols started) but am going in sorting stuff and keep getting searching looks from the receptionists!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now