Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

In the words of Grampy Rabbit: is anyone else thinking about cheese?

(45 Posts)
1wokeuplikethis Tue 11-Aug-15 10:48:02

I actually can't get enough of cheese. I think about it several times a day. I love cheese.

I'm 16 weeks pregnant which may have something to do with it.

I wondered if it means I'm not getting enough calcium.

What is everybody else obsessing over?

Newtobecomingamum Tue 11-Aug-15 11:01:02

Cheese on toast at least twice a day. I can't get enough of it!!

SoontobeMommyof2 Tue 11-Aug-15 11:02:17

Cheese is the one food I've really craved and a standing joke amounsgst friends and family how much I have eaten lol.

Enjoy it whilst you can and it is a good source of diary smile

Frillsandspills Tue 11-Aug-15 11:04:15

I'm actually obsessed with cheesy crisp lately, my mum gave me a packet of wotsits a few weeks ago and since then I've eaten nothing but wotsits, cheese balls, cheese puffs, cheesy dorritos and my new snack obsession is a jacket potatoes with lots of cheese on.

For me I don't think it's about calcium since alls I drink is milk (can't get enough of it) so I think I'm fine with that at the minute! With you on the cheese thing though it's neve tasted so good!

upthewolves Tue 11-Aug-15 14:24:31

Cheese and milk have been my only cravings and have lasted my entire pregnancy - I'm now 41 weeks and still loving cheese. In the first trimester it was one of only a few things I wanted to eat! Don't think you need to be concerned about calcium, I've definitely been getting enough of that! There are worse things to crave, don't worry about it!

MattyJenkyns Tue 11-Aug-15 14:30:26

Me!!! I bought 5 packs of Babybel last week. I keep snacking on it. Also craving melted camembert and bread but not allowed sad

1wokeuplikethis Tue 11-Aug-15 15:05:37

I am merrily eating cheese with abandon!

Rosenwyn1985 Tue 11-Aug-15 15:10:11

Not cheese but milk....I don't like milk really, except in cereal, I even have black tea. But I've craved milk my entire pregnancy this time... Even as I drink it and think it's fantastic I'm slightly disgusted with myself! Pregnancy is strange...

Iloveonionchutney Tue 11-Aug-15 15:17:28

matty you can eat Camembert as long as you make sure it's properly cooked and piping hot right through.
I keep wanting cheese and Branston pickle which is very annoying as I can't eat pickle sad

scarednoob Tue 11-Aug-15 15:26:00

Stilton on chilli oat crackers
Babybel guzzled by the packet (why oh why don't they sell the giant ones over here any more!)
M&S balsamic onion Cornish cruncher cheddar
Gooey hot feta on pizza

Bring them all on!

CityDweller Tue 11-Aug-15 15:31:01

I lived on cheese in my first trimester. Craved it badly - the stronger the better. Waitrose mature cheddar with balsamic onions was my cheese of choice. So good! and probably why I'm huuuuuuge now

MattyJenkyns Tue 11-Aug-15 15:33:03

You can get giant babybels?! This is vital information!

Yes to the hot feta on pizza. For me its the pepperoni dominos with feta and onion bhaji and pineapple toppings.

onionchutney - thank you, you have made a camembert-craving woman extremely happysmile

Junosmum Tue 11-Aug-15 15:43:03

No cheese so much but yoghurt and milkshake. I'm thinking it's a calcium thing. I do know that about this time (I'm 17 weeks so only a week a head of you) baby's bones are starting to calcify which may be something to do with it?

EdgarAllenPoe Tue 11-Aug-15 15:56:51

I big ol' wedge of strong cheddar all on its own. Also milk that's gone chocolatey from cocoa pops. I'm not overly fussed about the cocoa pops, but the milk is divine. Mmmmmm.

I'm nearly 19 weeks pregnant. That's my excuse.

EdgarAllenPoe Tue 11-Aug-15 15:57:43

GIANT BABYBELS?? What is this amazingness? Been eating a lot of babybels too now I think of it.

stupidgirl45 Tue 11-Aug-15 15:59:55

Yup! Cheese and milk addict here too!

Loving cheese and gherkin sandwiches and big lumps of cheddar. And drinking lots of milk.

Had a dairy fetish last time too....

lemon101 Tue 11-Aug-15 16:03:57

oh yeah - cheese has been quite a thing for me. My DH banned me from having it for breakfast despite my protestations that it was 'continental'.....

Nousername2015 Tue 11-Aug-15 16:46:51

I'm eating cottage cheese by the lorryload at the moment. Onion and chive double Gloucester is my cheese of choice now!

leadcrow Tue 11-Aug-15 16:48:05

Well, I wasn't craving cheese but I am now!!

Mexicana all the way.

WhatILoved Tue 11-Aug-15 17:41:40

I also crave cheese but the aftertaste from dairy makes me feel sick so I have to make sure to brush my teeth straight after. Weird.

1wokeuplikethis Tue 11-Aug-15 18:01:02

Ooh yes. Milk. I'm going to have some now.

Got a goats cheese pizza for tea (with other non cheese stuff on top) and might have some mature cheese wedges for pudding ;)

scarednoob Tue 11-Aug-15 18:44:25

Yep - giant babybels! They used to sell them in the uk when I was a kid. But now it's just online:

www.frenchclick.co.uk/p-2620-babybel-maxi-200g.aspx

cremedecacao Tue 11-Aug-15 18:51:51

OMG giant babybels!!!!!

I have also been craving cheese. I can't stand milk so I reckon it's a calcium thing. I especially like smoked cheese and strong cheddar.

I find babybels help with nausea too, something about the thickness and coldness of them that I really like- weird!

scarednoob Tue 11-Aug-15 19:00:27

There's mini, big and huge babybels - mini, 200g and 400g i think. But i've only ever seen the really huge ones in spain. It makes me laugh (and also drool a bit).

Still, the 200g ones will fill a gap! So many babybel fans here!

Nousername2015 Tue 11-Aug-15 19:07:49

creme They were one of the few things to sort me out in the 1st tri, ate loads of them. Unfortunately now can't eat them as I associate them too much with feeling nauseous sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now