Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mid back pain in bed

(5 Posts)
Junosmum Tue 11-Aug-15 09:47:59

I'm finding sleeping on my side really hard-I'm a tummy sleeper normally. I've been lying on my side for the last 2weeks as bump is now stopping tummy sleeping and I've read that lying on your back - the only other comfortable position- is bad for baby and me. I'm waking up several times a night with pain in my mid back, where the arch is. Any suggestions? I'm sleeping in a semi foetal position, which is also giving me pins and needles in my arm!

lauraa4 Tue 11-Aug-15 09:53:15

Do you have a pregnancy pillow juno?

I am the same and always slept on my stomach. I also find sleeping on my side does hurt my back but with the pregnancy pillow, and two more pillows between my legs I'm managing to get as comfy as possible.

Junosmum Tue 11-Aug-15 11:29:08

I don't but will try one of it makes me more comfortable!

lauraa4 Tue 11-Aug-15 12:00:33

I got mine from babies r us for £35.00. In mothercare they were £50 but I think you can get them from places like ebay etc.

My one is one of the noodle shaped rather than the V shaped, and I find because it's all around my body it stops me from rolling on my back. I'm not saying you will get the best nights sleep ever but it will definitely help you. I need an additional pillow to put between my legs but that's only because I have PGP, you may find just the pregnancy pillow is enough.

LumpyCustard69 Tue 11-Aug-15 12:37:49

Have you tried just a normal cushion or pillow under your bump? Much cheaper and ready accessible, and if it works will save you time and money!
I use a large cushion under my bump, and a cushion between my legs when my hips ache.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now