Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

7 week nerves!

(6 Posts)
Smally12345 Tue 11-Aug-15 09:17:18

Hello, I am new to this so I hope I am using this board correctly!
I am 7 weeks pregnant with my first baby after sadly having a miscarriage previously.
So far, everything seems to be going well! I am just wondering if anybody has any tips to try and stop the worry and the anxiousness?!
I have had nausea, tiredness, irritable moods and sore boobs...... yet as soon as anything isn't the same I panic! Do your symptoms differ each day? or are they constant?
Thank you! star

lauraa4 Tue 11-Aug-15 09:50:43

Congratulations smile

I had a miscarriage very early last year, and am now 34 weeks pregnant so obviously doesn't mean anything is going to go wrong again, despite the anxiety!

In the first trimester my symptoms would often change. Some days I would feel quite sick where as other days I would feel completely normal. My boobs hurt up until about 10 weeks, and then completely stopped hurting and now they don't at all. I was also extremely tired up until about 14 weeks, hit the second trimester and felt full of energy and now I'm back to being tired constantly.

Don't panic, it's completely normal and once I'd had my scan and could see everything was OK I started to relax a bit more. Even now with only 6 weeks to go I worry on some days where he's being lazy and doesn't move as much. The thing I've learnt with pregnancy is that you literally have no control over it, except to keep yourself as healthy and as well as possible. I spent most of the first trimester with huge anxiety and had convinced myself I was going to have another miscarriage. I look back now and think I just caused myself added stress.

Good luck flowers

Junosmum Tue 11-Aug-15 09:51:40

Symptoms come and go. Unfortunately the only advice I can offer is simply stop worrying, what will be will be and worrying won't help. I know that is stupidly unhelpful but one day at about 7 weeks I just woke up and realized that no amount of worrying will stop what is Google to happen, good or bad, and I did just stop worrying, or really really cut down on it anyway! I was making myself sick with worry.

Junosmum Tue 11-Aug-15 09:52:40

*going not Google! But whilst we're at it don't Google-it only fuels the panic! Best of luck with it all.

Rose58 Tue 11-Aug-15 13:55:35

I feel you but just remember you are having symptoms - you are most defiantly pregnant! I am 9 weeks and 4 days and have absolutely no symptoms other than being bloated! I have booked a private scan for 10 weeks to put my mind at rest.

Smally12345 Thu 13-Aug-15 09:31:58

Thank you all very much for such nice messages. I also have a private scan at 10 weeks, it just seems like forever away at the minute! (I know 3 weeks isn't forever!!)
I feel much calmer today, I think it was just a little glitch! Like you say, I suppose its just about taking a deep breath and realising I can't change what will happen no matter what I do, so just hang on in there for now smile xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now