Talk

Advanced search

D & V. I feel so ill. Help!

(5 Posts)
RockerMummy184 Tue 11-Aug-15 08:18:31

Started around 1am and has been constant ever since. I have been bringing up green foul smelling/tasting bile since about 2.30. Consulted NHS website and their advice is to stay well hydrated but I can't even keep water down. I'm having cold sweats and I hurt everywhere.
Can anyone give me any advice what I can do to get some fluid into me? I know in becoming dehydrated because my lips are cracking and I've even stopped wetting myself when I'm sick!

originalusernamefail Tue 11-Aug-15 08:26:40

That sounds awful. How PG are you? I had HG and loose stools for the first 12weeks of this pg (just HG now) and it was a nightmare. I think I lived in the bathroom for nearly a month confused. Try and get a GP appointment as they can assess if you are dehydrated enough to need IV hydration. My GP gave me anti-sickness meds but mine was a hormonal cause rather than infection iyswim. As far as hydrating yourself try ice cubes / lollies and little and often rather than large volumes.

Singleandproud Tue 11-Aug-15 08:31:01

I would ring the DRs and ask for advice as if you are dehydrated you need to be rehydrated which could mean a drip if you can't keep anything down however you obviously don't want to infect anyone at the DRs.
Also a HG sufferer and was bringing up dark green bile, the Dr shipped me off to hospital sharpish

lougle Tue 11-Aug-15 08:44:19

Keep drinking even though you are being sick. For two reasons:

1. You won't be vomiting everything, some will stay down even though it doesn't seem like it.

2. It's far less painful to vomit with a stomach that isn't empty.

Take very small sips and hold them in your mouth before swallowing.

RockerMummy184 Tue 11-Aug-15 11:41:26

Thanks ladies. I'm 30 weeks with twins which is why the dehydration is concerning me quite a bit as I've been told I need to be drinking 3l of water a day, and so far I've not even managed to keep 2 glasses down.
Have called the nhs 111 line for some advice who told me to call my gp, so I'm waiting on a call back from them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: