Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

D & V. I feel so ill. Help!

(5 Posts)
RockerMummy184 Tue 11-Aug-15 08:18:31

Started around 1am and has been constant ever since. I have been bringing up green foul smelling/tasting bile since about 2.30. Consulted NHS website and their advice is to stay well hydrated but I can't even keep water down. I'm having cold sweats and I hurt everywhere.
Can anyone give me any advice what I can do to get some fluid into me? I know in becoming dehydrated because my lips are cracking and I've even stopped wetting myself when I'm sick!

originalusernamefail Tue 11-Aug-15 08:26:40

That sounds awful. How PG are you? I had HG and loose stools for the first 12weeks of this pg (just HG now) and it was a nightmare. I think I lived in the bathroom for nearly a month confused. Try and get a GP appointment as they can assess if you are dehydrated enough to need IV hydration. My GP gave me anti-sickness meds but mine was a hormonal cause rather than infection iyswim. As far as hydrating yourself try ice cubes / lollies and little and often rather than large volumes.

Singleandproud Tue 11-Aug-15 08:31:01

I would ring the DRs and ask for advice as if you are dehydrated you need to be rehydrated which could mean a drip if you can't keep anything down however you obviously don't want to infect anyone at the DRs.
Also a HG sufferer and was bringing up dark green bile, the Dr shipped me off to hospital sharpish

lougle Tue 11-Aug-15 08:44:19

Keep drinking even though you are being sick. For two reasons:

1. You won't be vomiting everything, some will stay down even though it doesn't seem like it.

2. It's far less painful to vomit with a stomach that isn't empty.

Take very small sips and hold them in your mouth before swallowing.

RockerMummy184 Tue 11-Aug-15 11:41:26

Thanks ladies. I'm 30 weeks with twins which is why the dehydration is concerning me quite a bit as I've been told I need to be drinking 3l of water a day, and so far I've not even managed to keep 2 glasses down.
Have called the nhs 111 line for some advice who told me to call my gp, so I'm waiting on a call back from them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now