Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hip clicking when walking - is this the start of SPD?

(1 Post)
Mawsymoo Tue 11-Aug-15 07:20:59

I'm just over 16 weeks pregnant and I've noticed over the last week that one of my hip joints has been clicking on occasion when I walk. It was very noticeable on my way to work this morning - it's not painful as such but uncomfortable.

I had a bad sacroiliac injury a few years ago and at the time the physio mentioned potential pelvic problems during pregnancy - however when pregnant with my DS I had no issues except for some sciatica so I thought I'd be "safe" this time too! I'm not big yet and have only gained a couple of pounds but I understand it's more due to increased mobility in the joints due to relaxin?

Did anyone else have this clicking and was it a sign of SPD? Should I get to a physio if so? Is there anything I can do at this stage to stop it getting bad? My DS doesn't walk yet so I'm a bit freaked out at the thought of becoming too incapacitated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now