Talk

Advanced search

34 weeks & bump tight

(3 Posts)
Gingernut81 Mon 10-Aug-15 21:16:14

I'm 34+3 and my bump has become really tight and sore today, sort of between my boobs & belly button. I've also had a few twinges lower down in my pelvic area which I've not felt before either. I don't think it can be Brixton hicks as it's continuous. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

kbro79 Mon 10-Aug-15 22:27:49

Hi gingernut

Have you called your midwife? I would do that.

However at the risk of asking a v personal question how have your bowels been? My bump went really tight kind of where you describe when I had really bad constipation (tmi!!) and when that problem resolved itself (prune juice was involved) it stopped.

But I would still call the midwife and ask what to do. Tightening at 34 weeks is the kind of thing they would want to know about i think.

NeuroticFox1 Wed 12-Aug-15 17:48:15

Yeah I had this at 36 weeks along with period-like pains. Call and speak to midwife and they will ask more questions. I spoke to.labour ward as midwife was not available as I had no other symptoms they decided it was my body preparing itself for labour but nothing more. It passed and seemed more normal the next day
But defo speak to someone x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now