Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Single mum and 26 weeks pregnant.

(11 Posts)
nikkinoo28 Mon 10-Aug-15 20:25:45

Hi , I'm 26 weeks pregnant and have recently split up with my partner. I already have an 11 year old boy and brought him up all by myself. The thought of bringing up my baby up alone again fills me with sadness and I have never felt so lonely. Has anyone been in this situation whilst pregnant?

FeelTheNoise Mon 10-Aug-15 20:34:45

I'm nearly 36 weeks, and am in the same position, very recently so too. Daunting as hell isn't it? Massive shock to the system. I've had to change birth partner, cried a lot, but I do know that come late autumn, I'll be back on my feet again smile x

nikkinoo28 Mon 10-Aug-15 20:41:05

Yeah very, it's all very new for me and its getting over a breakup that I didnt want to happen, feeling not good enough and facing the fact I will be single mum to two children both with different dads. This wasn't meant to happen! Im sure we will both be fine but it doesn't happen in the Disney films does it?!

BlueBirdBlue Mon 10-Aug-15 21:30:07

Visit the Gingerbread website for info and support. Lots of positive stories on there and other single mums to talk to.

nikkinoo28 Mon 10-Aug-15 22:01:27

Thankyou x

Cazzybaby Tue 11-Aug-15 17:31:03

Hi Nikki
I'm 20 weeks and Baby's dad left when I was 8 weeks. Also have DD who is nearly 8 with a different partner. It's so hard feeling like I have nobody to share or enjoy the pregnancy with sad I guess we just have to focus on our new babies, who im sure will get us through it sending you hugs xxxx

spanisharmada Tue 11-Aug-15 17:35:21

I'm 29 weeks and in the same boat, its a bit daunting but I think it'll be OK. Do you have other support?

nikkinoo28 Tue 11-Aug-15 18:02:53

Yeah it's scary alright! Yeah I have good friends and my mum and step dad around. I guess its just the night times that a lonely because its not like i can get my glad rags on and go for a drink! Most of my friends....in fact all have kids and partners so they have their own family life to attend to. Especially the birth :-(.

x

Wildflower91 Tue 11-Aug-15 21:42:21

nikki I'm about to become a single mum to twins, I have no advice or anything to say other than we will get through it :-) better days ahead xx

FeelTheNoise Wed 12-Aug-15 00:11:42

Forget the stigma! My dad flew into a panic when I first talked about leaving XP, and told me to keep quiet so as not to cause problems as the last thing I want is to be a single parent all over again hmm Er, no dad. I'm proud of everything I achieved as a single parent to DS1 and feel bloody ashamed of all the months in which I allowed XP to compromise us all. There's nothing wrong with being a single parent, and actually very few of us fit the stereotype driven by the media! The are masses of us who are intelligent and educated, and either decided to go it alone from the start or had the courage to not be in a relationship that really isn't ok, and had decisions forced upon us. I hope we keep this thread going smile

spanisharmada Wed 12-Aug-15 22:16:36

Just saw feelthenoise post and I really like it. smile
There's alot to be said for doing it well, by yourself. I also have supportive family which I'm so thankful for. Have you got someone to be with you at the birth OP ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now