Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Disengaged at 41 weeks

(7 Posts)
Littlemissjt Mon 10-Aug-15 15:50:07

Hi all,

I'm probably just off loading as having one of those days. I'm 41 weeks today and had midwife this morning, was hoping for a sweep since she couldn't manage last week as I wasn't dilated enough. Baby has gone from being 3/5 engaged to being free which I didn't think first babies did. Has anyone had any experience of this and found they've just slid back into place? Baby has also decided to now turn itself back to back too! Just feeling a bit hmm and thinking induction is looking very likely on Saturday.

Sorry for sounding a bit doom and gloom!

docmcstuffins1 Mon 10-Aug-15 16:56:51

My sister went from being 3/5 engaged to being free to delivering a baby boy, all within a few days! Don't give up hope.x

Littlemissjt Mon 10-Aug-15 18:03:46

Thanks doc! just what I needed to hear! smile

applecore0317 Mon 10-Aug-15 22:22:10

my friends baby didn't engage until her waters broke and she was in labour smile Fingers crossed for you

Littlemissjt Mon 10-Aug-15 22:58:41

Thanks apple core.

kitkatsfordinner Tue 11-Aug-15 13:41:55

My dd was disengaged even after I had been induced for labour last time. She seemingly kept popping in and out. They had to call in a larger midwife ( not sure if a standard accessory on mat unit) to come and squeeze me above the bump to push her back into place. It was an easy enough labour though...

Littlemissjt Tue 11-Aug-15 15:51:39

Really? I had no idea they did things like that! Glad it was an easy labour for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now