Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Clear pink discharge at 6 weeks

(14 Posts)
Peanut2480 Mon 10-Aug-15 13:30:20

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I'm a mum of 2 children and have had one miscarriage. I am 6 weeks pregnant and a nervous reck after having a miscarriage before my last daughter now aged 4. My bowels have been quite loose since day one of this pregnancy and I feel sick on and off, however my breasts hardly hurt apart from taking them out of the bra at the end of the day. I'm suffering from bloating and cramps I would imagine as part of my IBS, however the lack of sore boobs and the fact that I've just been to the toilet and saw pink clear discharge (faint) makes me think all is not well. I wiped about 6 times and it looks clear now but I am not functioning well at work and people are noticing ( I had intercourse with my husband yesterday and wondered if this is the reason for the discharge? . I am getting some cramping but don't know if this is normal or not?
I would be grateful for any advice.
(Booking a doc app this afternoon).

Thank you

BadgerFace Mon 10-Aug-15 13:42:19

Lots and lots of ladies have pink discharge and/or bleeding during pregnancy. I had a tiny bit at 6 weeks which seems to have been a one off (fingers crossed, I'm now 18 weeks).

It's worrying I know, especially given your past loss, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything. Intercourse often irritates the top of the cervix and can cause bleeding.

Good luck and I hope your doctor gives you some reassurance later.

Junosmum Mon 10-Aug-15 13:45:11

scary isn't it. I had clear pink discharge following intercourse and I'm now 17weeks pregnant. There's much more blood flow in your vagina and cervix and intercourse may have damaged one of the blood vessels. If it stops and you have no pains you should be ok. My uterus feels uncomfortable after intercourse but not painful. If the blood becomes red, or doesn't stop or you get bad period type pains then speak to midwife or gp. I hope it's all ok.

sleepyhead Mon 10-Aug-15 13:51:38

I had the same with ds2, also around 6 weeks. I was devastated and sure it was the beginning of the end, but other than that one instance of pink discharge all was textbook for the rest of the pregnancysmile

With ds1 I had heavier bleeding, again around 6 weeks and severe cramping but an early scan was reassuring and again, no issues for the rest of the pregnancy.

Obviously no one has a crystal ball and can assure you that all will definitely be well, but bleeding and cramping is common in continuing pregnancies as well as failing ones.

Peanut2480 Mon 10-Aug-15 13:54:16

Thank you for your quick responses, I've got an appointment at the GP this afternoon at 3pm for an examination??? Fingers crossed I'll be okay... So scared... This pregnancy is so wanted!

twinsandapenguin Mon 10-Aug-15 14:28:55

I don't think the GP will examine you. You might be referred for an early scan. Best of luck, chances are it is nothing to worry about.

Peanut2480 Mon 10-Aug-15 16:27:02

Referred to the on call gynae at A&E. Getting bloods / urine checked and then they will discuss whats next... My belly is doing flips :-(

Peanut2480 Tue 11-Aug-15 10:48:10

7 hours in A&E waiting to see the gynae! Spotting stopped, they wanted to rule out ectopic but wanted me to stay the night so discharged myself. Back to the docs today for an urgent scan referral. My bloods were okay they said for my weeks pregnant! Wish me luck that I don't have to wait another 7 hours!

BadgerFace Tue 11-Aug-15 11:05:56

My goodness, what a wait! I'm surprised they wanted you to stay overnight, at my hospital I'm sure they would send you home with an appointment for the next day instead.

Good news that your bloods are the right levels. Wishing you a shorter waiting time today!!

Ahhhcantthinkofagoodname Tue 11-Aug-15 15:48:30

Sorry to hear all the stress you have been through. I'm not dissimilar to you, 2 kids and 1 previous miscarriage, now pregnant with what will hopefully be #3. I had pink discharge from 3-6 weeks and have just had it again at 9 weeks in this pregnancy. Because of my previous missed miscarriage I have been an emotional wreck but a scan at 6+5 showed a little bean of the right size based on my dates with a heartbeat. I so hope you get a scan soon and can get the reassurance you need.

After my scan I had an examination and doc said I had ectropian cervix (Google it!) which explains all the pink discharge. Nothing to do with baby and nothing to worry about. However I am still stressing and worried that the last bit of discharge was from the womb. Roll on 12 week scan!

Peanut2480 Tue 11-Aug-15 15:58:05

Thanks BadgerFace! Well I was seen 10 minutes after arriving at the hospital today. Saw a lovely bean dating at 6 weeks 1 day, I even saw the little flickering heart beat. They checked my uterus, ovaries and cervix and all looked fine.

I haven't seen anymore pink discharge so let hope that was a one off!

A little reassurance for a nervous reck :-) thank you to everyone who took the time to post, it was so reassuring!

I attached a little something, hope you can see it.

Thank you
Xxxxxxxx

Peanut2480 Tue 11-Aug-15 16:05:10

Hi Ahhcantthinkofagoodname,

I didn't see your post before posting mine, thank you! And will definitely look that up!

BadgerFace Tue 11-Aug-15 20:32:01

Congrats!! How fabulous. That early flickering heartbeat is such an amazing thing (I had 6 week scans with both of my pregnancies due to IVF).

Here's to an easy pregnancy the rest of the way!

Ahhhcantthinkofagoodname Tue 11-Aug-15 21:07:23

Fab news, hope you don't have any more scary signs and all goes smoothly from here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now