Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Car Seat laws

(6 Posts)
bluewisteria Mon 10-Aug-15 11:38:45

I have 2 DD's, aged 5&3, and have heard that car seat laws have changed/are changing with reference to how long they spend in a rear facing car seat.

Can anyone illuminate me?! My DD's were only in rear facing till about 9 months. We had an isofix base and a clip in and out maxi cos seat. Do I need a new seat? Due feb '16.

Thanking you flowers

shitebag Mon 10-Aug-15 11:46:14

You're fine.

As of 2017 the I-Size laws will run alongside current Group 0+ legislation so it only applies now if you have an I-size seat.

I-size seats must be used until the child is 15 months (minimum) but can be used until they are outgrown by height.

Current Group 0+ seats must be used until the child reaches 9kg (minimum) but can be used until they reach 13kg or the head is above the top of the seat.

bluewisteria Mon 10-Aug-15 12:08:21

Ok, great! So I don't need a rear facing till 15 months?

shitebag Mon 10-Aug-15 13:24:44

You only need to rear face until 9kg unless you have an i-size seat at present.

Junosmum Mon 10-Aug-15 17:10:51

My understanding is that i size seats must be used with an isofix base. If your car doesn't have isofix then you can't use one. Neither of ours have isofix, despite being 58reg.

bluewisteria Mon 10-Aug-15 17:36:33

Thanks so much ladies, that's really helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now