Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

8 weeks and falling over with the weight of my boobs....

(6 Posts)
chelle792 Mon 10-Aug-15 10:08:32

I'm 8 + 1 and my boobs are so sore! They are busting out of my bras and even my nipples are escaping now!!

I don't like to wear anything to bed but think I'm going to have to! My boobs feel so heavy that if I'm not wearing a bra I literally have to hold them!

Do I buy maternity bras now? I saw mothercare also has nighttime maternity bras. I'm also wondering whether to ditch underwire.

I don't want to buy expensive bras and then in a month need a bigger size again. Might regular Asda bras do or do I really need something 'special'?

Ps - I'd love to know I'm not the only one suffering with this!

chelle792 Mon 10-Aug-15 10:11:29

Oh yeah... I'm not actually falling over with the weight wink

GrizzlebertGrumbledink Mon 10-Aug-15 10:17:09

I bought a couple of non-underwires bras from m&s to be comfortable. They'll only get bigger (but he soreness eases) so don't spend a fortune, but I would ditch the underwire

GrizzlebertGrumbledink Mon 10-Aug-15 10:18:56

Ps. I thought maternity knickers were a rip off and continued to squeeze into my usual ones until I was about 30 weeks and a friend persuaded me into buying some maternity ones from h&m. The new found comfort was a revelation, as soon as your bump makes your smalls too small make the change, it's worth it to be comfortable in my opinion!

TriJo Mon 10-Aug-15 11:15:41

I'm only around 6 weeks (not sure on dates, waiting on an early scan) and I'm already up one and a half cup sizes. I was already big enough on top (30FF) so this is a world of fun...

Blackandwhitecat3 Mon 10-Aug-15 12:58:26

18 weeks and I'm already on round 3 of new bras. My tip is to only buy one or two at a time because you'll keep growing. I've also ignored any shop assistants who've told me I shouldn't buy nursing bras yet - they work perfectly fine as maternity bras and if I still fit them once DC is here, so much the better!

I bought a bravado (sold in JL and Jojo) bra for sleeping in at night, it's just so comfortable, and also Debenhams do nightwear with in-built support in their DD+ range.

I also ditched the underwired bras. Hurt too much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now