Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dream genie vs v-pillow(s) vs ordinary pillows

(12 Posts)
Blackandwhitecat3 Sun 09-Aug-15 23:20:59

17 weeks and have started to get uncomfortable in the hips at night. Currently sleeping on my side, sometimes with a pillow between my knees, but find the muscles around the outside of my hips get v tired. I'm wondering whether a dream genie might help with this, but very interested to hear your experiences before I splash out. Thanks.

rockybalboa Sun 09-Aug-15 23:47:49

I got given one but found it a nightmare as I change sides a lot in my sleep and that's hard enough to do with a bump without having to rearrange a funny shaped pillow 'exactly so'. I would experiment with different thicknesses of pillows/folded towels etc until you find something that's right for you. Probably wouldn't recommend buying the Dreamgenie. Trying to put the pillowcase on is like trying to wrestle an angry ferret into a sock too.

mistyegg Sun 09-Aug-15 23:54:50

I had a dream genie with DC1 and one of these long pillows with DC2 and the long body pillow was way better in my opinion. It was much more easy to use as you wanted and didn't scrumple up at night!

Mrsfrumble Sun 09-Aug-15 23:58:29

I loved my dreamgenie! I had an ordinary bolster pillow during my first pregnancy, and splashed out on a dreamgenie for my second. It was sooo much more comfortable, I think because the fabric between the front and back bits supported my bump like a hammock.

I wasn't a fidgety sleeper though (I wanted to be, but I was too paranoid about the "lying on your left side" thing).

Chchchchanging Mon 10-Aug-15 01:00:01

Dream genie for me, borrowed one for dc1 and having given it back bought one for this pregnancy
Tkmaxx so me times have them
Reg pillows too bulky don't support my back and legs in same way

Skiptonlass Mon 10-Aug-15 06:50:09

I have one and it's been great for me.

Blackandwhitecat3 Mon 10-Aug-15 09:08:48

Great TKMax tip chchch, they've got them now at £29.99, I might give it a try.

Thank everyone

NeuroticFox1 Mon 10-Aug-15 16:26:52

I'm now 37wks and have managed with normal pillows but starting to regret not paying out for a pregnancy one, it seems too late to be worth it now so at 17wks I'd get the good one. BTW antenatal yoga can really help with hip pain x

Queazy Mon 10-Aug-15 19:44:16

I bought my dream genie secondhand and loved it (as much as you can when using it to ease SPD!). I did have a V shaped pillow though as they're great for night feeds.

ItsMyFuckingWedding Wed 12-Aug-15 18:54:56

I have a snoogle from Amazon and it's the best, this is Dc3 and I have never been so comfortable

RedRobin1 Wed 12-Aug-15 22:34:06

Didn't like dream genie. Very uncomfortable and even harder to change sides and rearrange a large pillow.

I used a standard firm pillow and loved the comfort and was easy to turn and change sides

Blackandwhitecat3 Wed 12-Aug-15 22:39:32

Dreamgenii arrived, but since has been hogged by the cat hmm. Apparently it's very comfy...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now