Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity swimsuit with bust support for the well-endowed

(17 Posts)
Blackandwhitecat3 Sun 09-Aug-15 23:18:40

Has anyone found a good maternity swimsuit with good bust support for FF boobs? Am really struggling. Would prefer non-underwire, and also something that's pretty, I.e. doesn't look like a sack. Needs to be a one-piece so I can do proper swimming in it as well as aquanatal.

Am at my wits end on this one, can't find anything. If you have found such a wonder-swimsuit please post smile

Chchchchanging Mon 10-Aug-15 01:01:36

I'm 32g and in mamas and papas ref ones
Work on basis in water semi supported and coverage is ok unlike asda one which is s little exposing

musogirl295 Mon 10-Aug-15 07:58:16

I'm afraid I have found no such wonder swimsuit, although I am a little bigger than you so there may be hope! I have found the best solution for me is to wear a pre preg underwired tankini top under a maternity swimsuit. A bit odd, yes, but I don't have to worry about overexposure!

lilac3033 Mon 10-Aug-15 08:24:11

I was 32GG went up to 36J, never had any joy getting a maternity swimsuit, which was a shame. I love swimming but just couldn't do it through pregnancy!

MyNameIsSuz Mon 10-Aug-15 08:26:24

I never had any luck either. A bikini top under a regular maternity tankini worked well.

kbro79 Mon 10-Aug-15 08:50:21

So pleased to learn am not the only person that did the bikini top under swimsuit look. But yes that was the only solution I found as nothing I tried on either fitted or was anywhere near supportive enough.

However I am a few cupsizes bigger than you op (am H cup) I bought my swimsuit from seraphenia which may have be worth a try on its own. Only thing is the are really expensive compared to others. If I'd known I was going to have to put a bikini top under it anyway would have bought a much cheaper one.

TriJo Mon 10-Aug-15 16:32:19

I'm strongly considering doing a bit of size manipulation and getting the Panache Sport one in a few sizes too big. I'm currently a 30G-GG at 6 ish weeks having already gone up from an FF cup, if I buy it in around a 34G I figure it might buy me some time!

Murloc Mon 10-Aug-15 16:35:26

They don't exist. sad Last time I was PG I sewed a maternity bra into a plain black maternity tankini from ASOS. Stylish it wasn't, but it stopped my nipples from dragging on the ground. (32GG)

Am 14 weeks now and this time I'm sticking with yoga.

Blackandwhitecat3 Mon 10-Aug-15 17:43:20

That panache one looks good....but £59.00! Wow! shock

GoooRooo Mon 10-Aug-15 17:47:33

Nope. I'm a JJ cup and it was HIDEOUS finding something. I ended up just buying a normal swim suit two sizes too big.

maybebabybee Mon 10-Aug-15 17:48:55

Can you just buy a bikini instead of a swimsuit? Am 34GG and that's my pregnancy swimwear solution.

MomentOfWonder Mon 10-Aug-15 17:55:22

I got incredibly frustrated with the dearth of maternity swimsuits designed for those who are large of chest. I ended up with this one which served me fine for lane swimming in two pregnancies
Http://m.figleaves.com/uk/product/FIG-SS117203/Belle-Maternity-Swimsuit/?productColourId=708995

bonzo77 Mon 10-Aug-15 17:59:50

I've been wearing a bikini top or sometimes a sports bra under a close fitting vest top (made of sort of Lycra "sporty" fabric rather than cotton mix).

MomentOfWonder Mon 10-Aug-15 18:00:32

Sorry it's not more pretty by the way! As memory serves although it wasn't hugely supportive it at least had good coverage and adjustable straps.

Blackandwhitecat3 Mon 10-Aug-15 20:59:15

Bikinis and tankinis just don't work for lane swimming, unfortunately.

I might do the sports bra under a cossie trick. So frustrating that there's nothing on the market.

maybebabybee Mon 10-Aug-15 21:20:34

Really? I lane swim in my bikini. I go roughly 4x a week.

maybebabybee Mon 10-Aug-15 21:30:42

Although having said that it's a sports bikini and its old - can't find another one like it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now