Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Thrush cream?

(6 Posts)
LorryHen Sun 09-Aug-15 23:03:20

Am I ok to buy canesten from the shop without seeing a doctor during pregnancy?

I managed to have a uti, get thrush from the antibiotics, get another uti 2 weeks later and get thrush yet again in 4 weeks, I'm nearly 30 weeks and the last thing I want is to feel like I've been kicked in the vagina confusedconfusedconfused

Ahayes18 Sun 09-Aug-15 23:42:28

yes you can take canestan but if you've had vaginal thrush more than twice you have to see the gp before you take it......iv had it twice and 3 urine infections.....you can take your antibiotics and the canestan at the same time x

Tucktalking Sun 09-Aug-15 23:52:41

I had a thrush which never went away. I tried plain live yoghurt and it worked like wonders. Just use a tampon to push it up there and sit on a menstruation pad which will absorb the excess liquid draining off. Wash yourself clean. Feel fresh.

loolah83 Mon 10-Aug-15 06:08:33

I've had thrush twice this pregnancy, after antibiotics. I used Multi Gyn Floraplus...it's like a wee tube of gel that you squeeze up yourself at bedtime that has lactobacillus in it and is completely safe in pregnancy. I'd much rather use something that already exists in the body than canestan etc. Works quicker/less faff than the yoghurt tampon trick.

Footle Mon 10-Aug-15 06:21:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LorryHen Mon 10-Aug-15 08:02:11

Thank you for the replies! I will try some of your suggestions and hopefully I won't need the antibiotics again!

Footle I had a GTT in between the first and second bout of thrush and it was well within the normal range so I'm not worried about GD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now