Talk

Advanced search

Giving birth alone

(11 Posts)
cheezypeas Sun 09-Aug-15 18:28:36

Is anyone else, by choice not going to have a birthing partner with them? I didn't have anyone with me last time and won't this time either. I can't bear having anyone around me fussing when I'm in pain and discomfort....I just want to be alone and manage it in my own way. Most people I say this to can't believe I don't want anyone with me, and am sure think I'm a bit odd!

Just wondered if anyone else felt like this??

superbabysmummy Sun 09-Aug-15 18:31:07

I can understand it, I'd consider it if I didn't think it would crush my hubby! He wants to be there and baby is 1/2 him too smile

cheezypeas Sun 09-Aug-15 20:22:53

I think DH is pretty relieved to be off the hook so to speak grin

MissMuffetisin Sun 09-Aug-15 20:25:15

I take it you don't mean totally alone there will be a midwife ?

Junosmum Sun 09-Aug-15 20:25:50

I'm like you and can't stand fussing. Dh is adamant he's going to be there so is under strict instructions to keep at arms length and silent!

fanjodisfunction Sun 09-Aug-15 20:26:19

not with my quick labours, I'm usually out of it on gas and air. if it wasn't for dh with me last time I don't think my son would be with us, as his heart rate dropped and the midwife wasn't to bothered dh insisted to get a doctor who literally pulled my son out of me at 7cm.

I can understand it though.

cheezypeas Sun 09-Aug-15 20:27:21

Oh aye, I'll let a MW in (I am hoping for a water birth) ..as long as she sits in the corner, shuts up and just gets ready to catch wink

LumpyCustard69 Sun 09-Aug-15 20:31:02

I have no birth partner, and am being induced this Friday. Everyone thinks I'm mad and/or gives me pitying looks when they find out.
Mine's not entirely by choice, it's just that there is no one that can do it that wouldn't stress me out to the limit rather than being a calming influence!!

MissMuffetisin Sun 09-Aug-15 20:33:05

I had one birth wit DH present, two without. He was looking after the first two. To be honest it was better without - felt i could just concentrate on the labour and get on with it. But I had already been through it so knew what to expect . I quite liked the all female environment too - I feel it is something only women can truly empathise with

cheezypeas Sun 09-Aug-15 20:43:42

With having my DD this time as well, I'd much rather know DH was with her and she was being looked after....

OMGBabyNo3 Sun 09-Aug-15 22:42:15

There is a tiny chance my husband won't be back from a business trip if I was to go into labour a couple of weeks early. If that was the case I'd rather just gave midwives. I would rather no one but the person who got me into this mess saw me in that state (have done this twice before wink)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now