Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Think i can smell gas or is it just my sense of smell in pregnancy.

(7 Posts)
mummyneedinganswers Sun 09-Aug-15 17:31:07

23 weeks had this horrid taste in my mouth all day and now I think I can smell gas not very strong but I think it's there. Although I can't figure out if I smell gas for real or if it's my sense of smell just up the left as my taste is too ..

Don't know what to do

HirplesWithHaggis Sun 09-Aug-15 17:47:17

Do you have a neighbour you can ask? If not, switch off any and all gas-powered appliances and watch the meter to see if it clocks up consumption.

Doublebubblebubble Sun 09-Aug-15 18:43:55

Just to be on the safe side I would do as hirples says and ask someone with a more trustworthy sense of smell/taste but I would also -
. also open the windows - turn everything that you can off and call 0800 111 999

www2.nationalgrid.com/UK/Safety/Gas-emergency/
When my daughter was about 18 months old I had a gas leak whilst I was cooking eggs (worst smell ever for detecting gas) luckily I have a carbon monoxide alarm do it went off.

Hope all works out okay op x

MissSMartin Sun 09-Aug-15 18:47:25

even if you think you can smell gas but aren't sure go to your meter turn the lever into the off position.. ventilate the property.. refrain from operating electrical equipment if for e.g a light is on leave it on.. and don't allow any smoking in/around the property. .. and call National grid emergency number 0800 111 999, they will come out within 2hrs and will just do a test for you to m.ake sure everything is safe as the leak may be before the meter so watching the meter will not help

I work for an energy company.. Can you tell? lol grin

mummyneedinganswers Sun 09-Aug-15 18:52:28

I ventilated the whole house opened every window put pets outside and my sister came over and couldn't smell anything said I was going crazy but I still smell it so I think it's just me but I turned gas off to be safe x

MissSMartin Sun 09-Aug-15 18:59:09

hehe! I would just call them anyway they come.. wave around a 'wand' then let you know it's safe.. peace of mind and all the grin x

NeuroticFox1 Mon 10-Aug-15 19:32:29

I agree with the advice above, but just to check I thought I could smell gas once and it turned out to be the pot of basil on the window sill!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now