Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bum pressure?!

(7 Posts)
loolah83 Sat 08-Aug-15 21:46:26

I'm 38 + 2 weeks, baby moved from oblique/free to head down/engaged sometime between Monday and yesterday (been checked both days by midwife. This evening my baby feels like he's trying to climb out my bum lol. He wriggles around and there is odd pressure on my bum and at the same time, one of his body parts is pushing out the front around my bellybutton. Weirdest feeling in the world! Does this mean anything?

Ahayes18 Sat 08-Aug-15 21:52:38

I get that too and it's really uncomfortable....sometimes I'm waiting on waters breaking but nothing has ever came of it? I think if you baby is still kicking then he won't have engaged yet, I could be wrong x

loolah83 Sat 08-Aug-15 22:13:42

Really? I didn't know they stopped squirming after the head engages...the midwife said his head was right down.
I think it's his little elbows or hands jabbing rather than his feet smile

Ahayes18 Sat 08-Aug-15 23:27:12

my midwife said it could be hiccups? it's just sore on your bum because of how far down he is x

justabigdisco Sat 08-Aug-15 23:35:43

I'm 40 weeks and head has been engaged for about 3-4 weeks. I get the pressure in bum. It's cos the head is low down. Doesn't mean much I'm afraid though! Don't think they stop moving when head becomes engaged - if movements become reduced you should get checked out ASAP

StrumpersPlunkett Sat 08-Aug-15 23:45:46

Fwiw ds1 was still kicking and trying to relocate my inner organs when he was coming out!!!!

loolah83 Sun 09-Aug-15 09:10:44

Yeah, it's definitely not hiccups either, I can always tell when he has hiccups.

I suppose it just makes sense to think of the size of baby's head, in your pelvis and remember that they are now newborn sized...I still sometimes think that something that size couldn't possibly be inside me/he's clearly still the size of my hand etc.

I went to maternity triage on Friday because his movements were reduced that day but the midwife explained that I probably wasn't feeling him as much as I'm used to his head being in my right hip. He agreed with her and did a massive victory dance, making me look every bit the paranoid first timer I am!! Wee monkey!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now