Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Could I be while on coil??

(9 Posts)
mum2benicole Sat 08-Aug-15 21:10:45

Bit worried about this topic not going to lie, I have a daughter 23months old and a son 12weeks old. I have the marena coil which I got 4wreeks post delivery and have bled and still bleeding from the birth.
Starting yesterday I've been feeling sick but its so much like my morning sickness from both pregnancys, feeling hot and very sickly mostly this time of night.
Sertain smells are making me feel sick the usual symptoms realy . but could I be tho with the coil ? I'm unsure I'm going to go get a test tomorrow I think I'm terrified of the outcome my partner and I have decided that we have completed our family so this wouldn't be good news at all. Medically it would mean bad outcomes on my health but I couldn't have a termination is there anyone who has or knows anyone that has fell while on the coil ??
Thanks in advance xx

RockerMummy184 Sat 08-Aug-15 21:22:53

Take a test to put your mind at rest, but I would speak to your GP on Monday anyway as bleeding for 12 weeks post birth, feeling hot and sickly are also signs of infection.
Without meaning to scare you I had a similar thing 8 weeks after I'd had my son and it turns out there was still some retained tissue in my uterus which was causing infection and needed to be removed.
I hope its something as simple as your hormones not being quite settled yet, but better to be safe than sorry I'd say.
Good luck.

mum2benicole Sat 08-Aug-15 21:26:52

Thanks for reply I'm going to get a test in the morning and will see doctor as well I'm freaked out Im not sure about telling the other half he knows son things up tho .
Fingers crossed its the hormones
Thanks xx

switchitoff Sat 08-Aug-15 21:32:26

No contraception is 100% effective and I know someone who got pregnant with the coil in. Baby born all OK. So do the test.

Topsy34 Sat 08-Aug-15 22:00:15

I had pregnancy symptoms on and off throughout the time i had a mirena.

My usual symptons were sickness, food aversions and boobs hurt, sometimes a bloated full feeling.

I took tests each time and was negative.

Can you feel the strings?

Topsy34 Sat 08-Aug-15 22:01:42

I would also agree with rocker, you do have signs for infection as well. If you feel worse tomorrow, i would get an out of hours appointment

mum2benicole Sat 08-Aug-15 22:03:30

I had my 6week check 2weeks ago for the coil and the nurse said that the strings had gone inside she managed to hook them back out again but I can't seem to feel them to honesy .

mum2benicole Sat 08-Aug-15 22:04:27

Yea I will do the sickness comes and goes like morning sickness its awfull

Skiptonlass Sun 09-Aug-15 09:02:37

I could never feel the strings on mine..you need to go and get checked that it's still in there, and positioned correctly and there's no infection.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now