Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Confused- is this not a good sign

(6 Posts)
hartmel Sat 08-Aug-15 16:32:45

Since I stopped breastfeeding my 9 month old daughter when she was 5 month old.
My menstrual has been very irregular.
1. 40 days
2. 37 days
3 24 days with heavy bleeding and back pain, had cramps at night. . I didn't sleep all night. (Had some stress with family member yesterday, so I was thinking about that) but I constantly had in my mind that I'm pregnant and will miscarry..
We have been very careful but if my cycle was this time so short we had once or twice unprotected sex..

When I spotted the bleeding I did a prgnancy test but it came up negative which I'm not surprised as it is still early to detect..

Is it normal to have a 24 cycle or am I miss carrying.

mummyneedinganswers Sat 08-Aug-15 16:37:00

If your cycles were completely irregular it could just be them trying to get back to normal. See your GP for advice and test again. With. Negative test its impossible to know x

Junosmum Sat 08-Aug-15 17:16:41

A 24 day cycle is considered more 'normal' than a 40 day period I'd say. With only 3 cycles to consider I wouldn't be worrying too much. What were your periods like pre pregnancy?

hartmel Sat 08-Aug-15 17:28:18

Pre pregnancy they where between 30 and 35 days...

I have an under active thyroid which was found out two month before I got pregnant with number 1 then when he was 4 month old I had one period and got pregnant right away with my daughter. My kids are 1year 1 month apart...

I never had a cycle under 30 days that is why I'm shocked

Skiptonlass Sat 08-Aug-15 18:45:57

Go and see your doctor for a thyroid check. It's not uncommon to need doses adjusting during/after pregnancy.

hartmel Sat 08-Aug-15 21:17:17

I got them checked three weeks ago! But I think the dosage is low getting them rechecked in two weeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now