Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When does the 'glow' start

(33 Posts)
sepa Sat 08-Aug-15 14:14:52

hiya,
Does anyone know when the 'pregnancy glow' starts? I'm starting to look like a teenager again with these spots! grin

mummyneedinganswers Sat 08-Aug-15 14:18:16

Snap lol im still trying to figure that one out hopefully it arrives soon though x

Fluffy24 Sat 08-Aug-15 14:19:46

There was supposed to be a glow?

MummyBex1985 Sat 08-Aug-15 14:21:22

I never glowed.

Unless hair loss, spots, weight gain and greasy skin counts as a "glow".

I had a girl. My friend who has a boy at the same time had a definite glow though. smile

soloula Sat 08-Aug-15 14:42:31

33 weeks and still waiting for the glow. Not getting my hope up grin

CityDweller Sat 08-Aug-15 14:47:29

Glow? What glow? I look increasingly unattractive with each week. I was spotty as a teenager until about 22 wks and now (31 wks) I'm just enormous and lumbering and doughy and usually also red-faced and sweaty. DH can hardly keep his hands off me not

GlitzAndGigglesx Sat 08-Aug-15 14:48:04

A friend said I was glowing one day at 26 weeks, but I had a bit of a Croydon facelift so I don't think it counts grin

sarkymare Sat 08-Aug-15 14:48:45

I'm still waiting for the glow from when I was pregnant in 2013 with DS.

I did get the lovely thick hair you hear so much about though, it's just a shame it was on my stomach

Im now 30 weeks with DC2 and I've accepted I'm just going to look like crap until the end of time now.

Ahemily Sat 08-Aug-15 14:48:52

I glowed (sort of) with DS from around 18 weeks. Currently 20 weeks with DD and looking like death warmed up.....no glow here! grin

BeautifulBatman Sat 08-Aug-15 14:52:30

I didn't feel remotely human until about 26 weeks. My hair was glorious throughout though.

Junosmum Sat 08-Aug-15 15:01:01

It doesn't. It's a myth women tell other women to make them feel better about the first trimester.

Luciferbox Sat 08-Aug-15 17:35:57

When they move out

sepa Sat 08-Aug-15 18:38:32

Man, I was scared you would say that!
I feel like I look like poop at the moment. My skin and hair feels greasy all the time and feel bloated.
This is my first pregnancy and it's not how I thought it would feel! grin

Skiptonlass Sat 08-Aug-15 18:44:25

There is no glow.

Ive had 16 weeks of severe vomiting, then about two weeks of slightly milder vomiting when I felt almost human, before killer spd kicked in, I can now barely walk and am in constant pain. Oh and still vomiting. smile

The acne went about 12 weeks though. So that's something.

sarkymare I also have a luxurious coating of hair. On my belly and legs. I look like a nauseous ewok.

sarkymare Sat 08-Aug-15 19:19:50

skipton I'm right there with you on the sickness front. We can be nauseous Ewoks together!

Ps, have you sprouted hairs around your nipples yet? They are soo long

NoArmaniNoPunani Sat 08-Aug-15 22:12:29

I'm almost 20 weeks and starting to think the glow is a lie sad

NoArmaniNoPunani Sat 08-Aug-15 22:14:02

Unless the glow is a slight cheek flush caused by constipation.

GoooRooo Sat 08-Aug-15 22:16:53

DS is 3 years 5 months. I'm still waiting.

KanyesVest Sat 08-Aug-15 22:17:04

DD was 5 last year and I'm still waiting. My bff was glowing about 10 mins after she poas wagon envy

KanyesVest Sat 08-Aug-15 22:18:34

Xpost with Gooo! Wine tonight is giving me s nice rosy tint though wine (sorry preggy ladies!)

Diggum Sat 08-Aug-15 22:28:13

My hair was shamaze from about 20 weeks I think. No glow though, just spotshmm

chopsface Sat 08-Aug-15 23:19:21

Haha! Love this thread!! 22 weeks here, still nauseous, spots on jawline and shoulders, hairy belly... Waiting for the glow too!

onefootinthebed Sun 09-Aug-15 07:11:56

How funny, I thought I had the glow in my first pregnancy. I thought I had a lovely sun kissed face for once in my life o didn't just have freckles they all seemed to join up. I told my husband this must be I will start to look human and feel better, he burst my glow and told me it's not there is a symptom of pregnancy were skin under your eyes and cheeks change colour. After I had my ds in June and my freckles had gone I still had that bloody brown under eye thing ( I dint know its name) and l had a halo of baldness too in December. It made very good first Christmas photos.

Skiptonlass Sun 09-Aug-15 09:08:22

sarkymare there's hair everywhere Massive black spots on my nipples too.

Baby is going to drop out, use that grip reflex and haul itself up like a little chimp... Perhaps I won't need a sling, he can just grip onto my chest hair and ride along?

When this all falls out afterwards it's going to challenge the vacuum cleaner...

loolah83 Sun 09-Aug-15 09:14:29

I got nice nails and hair...and a few months reprieve from my rosacea. But was a big flushing, spotty mess til about 20 weeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now