Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What's normal and what's not?

(13 Posts)
Minniemouse94 Sat 08-Aug-15 12:23:51

I'm having a slight pinching sort of pain in the left side of my lower abdomen.
It's fine until I'm at work trying to keep busy. Is this normal or should I worry?
Thank you x

lauraa4 Sat 08-Aug-15 14:00:06

How many weeks are you?

UrethraFranklin1 Sat 08-Aug-15 14:01:35

Why would you worry about "slight pinch"? Obviously things are stretching and moving and cause twinges.

Minniemouse94 Sat 08-Aug-15 14:29:36

I'm roughly 6-7 weeks.

scatterbrainedlass Sat 08-Aug-15 14:37:18

You will probably get odd pains, often like period pains, throughout the first trimester. As long as they are not horrendously painful, or accompanied by bleeding, this is nothing to worry about as everything's stretching and growing, as pp said.

Minniemouse94 Sat 08-Aug-15 14:38:54

Thank you x

milomoo Sat 08-Aug-15 15:29:05

I had lots of period type pains from 6weeks or so with each pregnancy. Also different 'pulling' pains. It's very normal and just ligaments etc stretching (still worrying though)

warriorbot Sat 08-Aug-15 15:48:25

I keep getting those. Had a scan yesterday for the Harmony test: whatever they are they're not bothering the baby! grin

It's so hard to know what is and isn't normal, but what you describe is definitely something I've experienced with no ill effects.

Wildflower91 Sun 09-Aug-15 09:42:31

Hi minnie I get those pains regularly, I put it down to stretching and our body making way for its new tenant lol or in my case- tenants!!

Minniemouse94 Sun 09-Aug-15 10:23:39

Oh congratulations! I just keep getting so worried, as it my first pregnancy I don't know what to expect haha.
X

Wildflower91 Sun 09-Aug-15 12:55:15

Same as me, don't let anyone make you feel silly for worrying! You just get used to the twinges trust me lol x

BumbleBee0 Sun 09-Aug-15 13:06:46

Pinching and pulling pains are completely normal. In fact I see it as a good sign that your body is continuing to grow and get ready to accommodate the baby. I think you should only worry if it's severe pain which paracetamol won't sort.
Good luck and keep asking away if you need to smile

Emileelogan Sun 09-Aug-15 22:13:19

What's a harmony test or am I being really think lol x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now