Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maxi dresses

(24 Posts)
AmberRose17 Sat 08-Aug-15 11:50:13

Hello. Am off on holiday at the end of next week and keen to Find a nice preggers-friendly maxi dress. Am nearly 25 weeks and want something stylish that's going to last and not make me feel like a giant. Any ideas?

QforCucumber Sat 08-Aug-15 11:55:37

I got some lovely t-shirt style ones in outfit - think they were by topshop, nice shaped cotton and really comfortable

lauraa4 Sat 08-Aug-15 11:56:26

I'm 33 weeks and have just started wearing bodycon midi dresses. They are really comfortable and where they are shorter, just to the knee or slightly below I'm not tripping up in them smile

TitusAndromedon Sat 08-Aug-15 12:17:48

Asos has some great options. There's one by Mamalicious which I've got and love which has a nice print, allows a regular bra and is really comfortable.

Thundercrackers Sat 08-Aug-15 12:20:27

They've got nice grey and white striped ones on sale in joules- they're not maternity but lovely and stretchy in a size up from normal. Also can second the midi dress option- b&m do nice ones with scooped ballet backs. Good luck!

Thundercrackers Sat 08-Aug-15 12:21:24

Sorry, meant h&m not b&m!

newtonupontheheath Sat 08-Aug-15 12:21:31

I'm wearing a normal (sized up) ASOS one today smile

AmberRose17 Sat 08-Aug-15 14:06:38

Thanks everyone. Good idea to get normal ones a size up. I love this one in Joules but might need to see if I can get something in the sale www.joules.com/Women/Dresses/Oralia/Womens-Maxi-Dress/Navy-Peony?id=S_ORALIA|NAVPEO

contractor6 Sat 08-Aug-15 14:24:07

I have a few non maternity ones from monsoon which are lovely and cool wear during day, and dress up for evening

charleybelle Sat 08-Aug-15 16:06:36

I got a really nice maxi dress from new look in their maternity section and it's great!!

blowinahoolie Sat 08-Aug-15 17:53:18

I bought mine at 31 weeks and still wearing them - Matalan. I'm nearly 38 weeks now.

Hope to also get plenty wear out of them after the pregnancy.

blowinahoolie Sat 08-Aug-15 17:54:49

I just went up a size, it's not maternity maxi dresses.

Skiptonlass Sat 08-Aug-15 18:39:52

I'm wearing a boden one right now. It's not maternity specific but it is empire line and jersey. Had it before I got pregnant. I'm 7 months and it fits fine. Nice in the heat - I wore it on honeymoon in the tropics. Bonus with boden is they do petite fit. I'm five foot ish and their petite ones are perfect.

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Dresses/Day-Dresses/WH752/Womens-Jersey-Maxi-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4

Anything empire line/ stretchy should be fine.

sophiaslullaby Sat 08-Aug-15 20:32:22

I've lived in maxi dresses through out most of my pregnancy (fortunately Spring-Summer to Autumnand found local charity shop (Sue Ryder) is constantly putting out new maxi-dresses. Works for me at £6 a dress I've built up quite a varied collection at a snip of the cost of maternity wear and still look nice for work or going out.

Trickytricky Sat 08-Aug-15 20:35:54

I'm 30 weeks and still wearing my normal maxi dresses (same size, non maternity). Mine are from Boden, very comfy.

Meowandchoppychops Sat 08-Aug-15 21:34:29

I bought a nice cotton maxi dress from manteray or Monteray (however you spell it) brand from Debenhams and I am 25weeks. Nice and cool when it's baking hot and it has strip of elastic under the boobs so gives me a bit of shape without being clingy. Cost about £40.

Meowandchoppychops Sat 08-Aug-15 21:35:42

Forgot to add I just bought one size up from normal and put a little tuck in under the arms so I could expand it if needed

Turquoiseblue Sun 09-Aug-15 05:33:19

I got a few from new look and gap. Gap ones were not maternity - new look ones were mamalicious.

lastnightiwenttomanderley Sun 09-Aug-15 06:31:55

Personally I found maxi dresses make me feel huge so have tended towards either empire line/floaty but knee length or longer dresses that are not figure hugging but nip in a little under the bump so it's obvious it's actually a bump! I was quite little still at your point though but now at 34 weeks there's no.hiding the bump!

I appreciate this doesn't answer your question but just adding as I found that what I thought I would like to wear when pg made me feel mahoosive!

lastnightiwenttomanderley Sun 09-Aug-15 06:33:26

PS. I love Seraphine. Not the cheapest but I have managed to get a few staples from there which I love!

olafisking Sun 09-Aug-15 06:35:54

Apricot make some lovely comfy ones with elastic below the boobs which would probably work. Can buy online or in Debenhams.

FindingNormal Sun 09-Aug-15 06:39:24

For an expensive treat; Tiffany rose dresses are gorgeous and lots are nursing ones too so you can carry on wearing if you decide to breastfeed. For cheap and cheerful, sainsburys have got some nice ones (not maternity, just get a bigger size) although they're really really long (I am a short arse though) xx

FindingNormal Sun 09-Aug-15 06:40:35

Oh and I saw some fairly nice (if a little dull) dresses in fat face yesterday which I reckon would be ok- again not maternity but just size up x

AnythingNotEverything Sun 09-Aug-15 07:10:58

Sainsburys have some in their normal range. Also BF friendly if they fit when the weather warms up again next year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now