Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

14 weeks and miraculously feeling better - worried!

(14 Posts)
SweetCharlotteRose Sat 08-Aug-15 08:05:06

I've been exhausted and sick for about 8 weeks none stop. Very very sick all day and night.
On Wednesday as I was about to hit 14 weeks I felt loads better. Today at 14+2 I feel more or less back to normal. We are going abroad tomorrow for 10 nights and I'm so worried I've had a mmc and will end up really unwell whilst we are away. We actually leave this afternoon as staying at the airport tonight and my epau and midwife aren't around at the weekends.

Is it normal to suddenly feel better like this? It wasn't gradual. It was basically overnight.

northdownmummy Sat 08-Aug-15 08:11:22

It's normal, at this stage the placenta stars taking over so the hormones that have been making you feel so rough are buffered a bit.
Don't be surprised if you have a few good days then a few lousy ones, that's how it was with me.
In contrast when I did miscarry, the symptoms had been gradually been getting less withou me realising, no sudden changes

blueistheonlycolourwefeel Sat 08-Aug-15 08:24:10

Wait until the indigestion starts next week!! smile

Nousername2015 Sat 08-Aug-15 08:43:33

14 weeks was my turning point too, after 8 weeks of throwing up every day it was very unsettling to feel 'myself' again. Enjoy your holiday, sounds like it is the perfect time to go so you can fully enjoy it!

CarShare Sat 08-Aug-15 09:02:38

Could have written your post myself yesterday. Turned 14 weeks and suddenly all was well with the world. Could have skipped off to work and even went out with colleagues afterwards (first time in pregnancy). Perfect timing- enjoy your holiday!

IlonaRN Sat 08-Aug-15 09:12:03

I didn't have nausea, but was exhausted all the time - until 14 weeks, when I suddenly got loads of energy!
Enjoy your holiday!smile

DixieNormas Sat 08-Aug-15 09:14:58

Yes its because the placenta has taken over now

Luciferbox Sat 08-Aug-15 09:15:07

It was about 14 weeks that I started to feel human again.

MummyPiggy87 Sat 08-Aug-15 09:46:20

Same here i felt normal around 14 weeks, it won't last long make the most of it, que the acid and heartburn sickness!

acquiescence Sat 08-Aug-15 10:34:02

Totally normal, I was wxactly the same at 14 weeks on the dot. Enjoy the next bit before the heart burn sets in and you get too big!

toohardtothinkofaname Sat 08-Aug-15 14:29:37

Yep - 19 weeks & had sickness from 6 to 14+2. Since then haven't been sick once & although tired on an afternoon, not nearly as bad as it was. Heard heartbeat at 16 weeks so know all going great! Enjoy the awesome timing! Placenta will have taken over now so your hormones aren't working as hard x

CheesyWater Sat 08-Aug-15 19:16:57

I started a thread about this exact topic a couple of weeks ago.

Fourteen weeks and BANG - I felt human again. It scared the shit out of me.

However, a private scan at nearly 16 weeks today shows a very happy, healthy baby who is obviously now using the placenta instead of me! grin

newbian Sun 09-Aug-15 06:56:48

OP do you have any pregnancy apps or books? I have a few and they all said around 13/14 weeks to expect to stat feeling normal again. So when I woke up full of energy one day out of the blue I wasn't too worried. I've found that checking resources like that has helped me not stress about changes that have happened throughout the pregnancy.

levellingtheland Sun 09-Aug-15 09:07:15

Sounds normal to me too. Roll on 14 weeks, I've had enough of the 1st trimester!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now