Talk

Advanced search

Insomnia, pregnancy narcolepsy and the weird dreams!!!!,....

(11 Posts)
Doublebubblebubble Sat 08-Aug-15 04:30:45

So here I am 4:14am watching parks and rec absolutely knackered but completely unable to sleep, the insomnia tends to be every other day, with the next day being the one where I have pregnancy narcolepsy... Or I try to power nap through the day (which is fun when I'm at work or on the commute to work). Warm baths, warm milk, carbs, etc haven't worked so far... I don't know what else to do - I really need to sleep (I start work at 10am today today.….gah.

Also what is the weirdest dream you've had so far?

Over the last few days -

1. I had a dream I was taking my DD to school and met my dh .... He ended up taking her to school for me and I realised I was now super late for work and ended up getting a taxi which took me to a building that ended up being a part of a cult. Weird dream.

2. I made friends with Kate Winslet and she invited me into her home which was lovely aside from the fact that she had these dogs that kept pooping everywhere. Weird dream.

3. I dreamt about the ed209 from RoboCop - very scary dream...

All of these were incredibly vivid and well just weird... I only thought you got them in early pregnancy though... I certainly don't remember having them this late with my DD (5) -although with her the ones I did have were mainly sex dreams - tmi sorry :S

- I am 31 weeks now with a boy. Anyone else care to share their vivid dreams (or insomnia / pregnancy narcolepsy??)xx

Also, sorry about the rambling - very tired

sarkymare Sat 08-Aug-15 05:56:18

Oh the lovely Insomnia! It doesn't matter what I do or what time I go to bed I can't stay asleep for longer than 2 hours. When I wake up I am wide awake and won't be able to sleep for ages. This naturally started the day after DS went from waking twice a night to sleeping through from 8-8/9 Ain't that just a kick in the teeth?

I've not had many dreams with this pregnancy, I do vaguely remember groping someone's penis last night but I can't really remember it. I had loads with DS, mostly sexual ones with some less than pleasant celebrity appearances. [shocked] I was having them almost every night.
I had many scary dreams too, like being attacked etc. In those dreams I was always pregnant so it felt even more realistic when I woke up.

zannyminxoxox Sat 08-Aug-15 10:30:18

Im not sleeping well either plus im getting up every couple of hours for a wee, which is driving me bonkers. When I wake up it takes me ages to get back to sleep.

mumchkin Sat 08-Aug-15 13:58:48

And don't you just love people who tell you to "make the most of all the sleep you'll get now"? I have had awful insomnia since day one and now vivid, horrible dreams that I wake up from literally sobbing with tears running down my face. Usual themes are DH abandoning me or me losing someone close to me... crying in your sleep is bloody exhausting though. I hope things improve for you/us.

Rosenwyn1985 Sat 08-Aug-15 16:55:37

I actually slept better with my first once he was actually born than I did before. Couldn't sleep, cramps, nightmares etc... Same this timet too, 38+2 and counting, I know I'll actually get a few solid hours when baby arrives which I'm certainly not getting now!

Thanksforthat Sat 08-Aug-15 17:05:12

Another insomniac here. I've had many "way out" dreams.
But last night I dreamt that DH ran away with a friend. However in true DH fashion he was lazy about it. I kept saying to him on couch "I thought you were leaving me for K. his response was"oh I am now, just watching last 5 minutes of this"
Even in infidelity he procrastinates and is lazy hmm

Thanksforthat Sat 08-Aug-15 17:07:05

Also I fall asleep during day at drop of hat. It's almost like sleep Tourette's. Not meaning to be disrespectful to those suffering from Tourette's but that's what it's like. I can't control it. 33 weeks and counting

HollyJenni Sat 08-Aug-15 23:18:33

I have struggled the past two weeks or so. Some nights I have had three hours sleep but I have been off work so can sleep during day but worried about going back to work next week and being in the same boat.
At what point are you all at in your pregnancies?

chopsface Sat 08-Aug-15 23:30:35

I've had a lot of sex dreams with exes or guys I work with! I also have lots of dreams about work in general.

The weirdest dream so far though was the other night. I found out my child that I'd dressed and treated like a boy was in fact a girl!!! Child was about 2 years old at the time! Dh had changed 'him' all the time and I yelled at him for not noticing that our 'son' had a vagina!!! I found that I could no longer love my new daughter and I was trying to find a way of going back in time to before the birth.

I'm 22 weeks by the way. And find it hard to sleep as I'm getting pins and needles in my arms from lying on my side, my joints are clicky and I'm getting cramp in my calves, plus doing about 4 wees a night! So yes, also not sleeping whilst I still can hmm

Doublebubblebubble Sun 09-Aug-15 12:07:48

holly I am 32 weeks today. Had no sleep at all yesterday - tfisunday is all I can say x

mrshjb Sun 09-Aug-15 15:25:03

I had insomnia all the way through my pregnancy. On the plus side I got miles more sleep once DS was born which was a massive two fingers to everyone who told me pregnancy was the easy bit whilst I sat and cried about how tired I was!! Full sympathies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now