Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Headache for ages...co-codamol?

(6 Posts)
DoctorDonnaNoble Sat 08-Aug-15 03:47:11

So, I've had no sleep tonight. What started as sinus pain has become a raging head cold. I have no paracetamol in the house but I do have some co-codamol - is it safe to take some? I've been crying from pain and tiredness and I just want it to go away.

Eternalsunshines Sat 08-Aug-15 03:56:10

How far along are you and are there any other symptoms? I wouldn't take them unless ok'd by a doctor. Maybe ring the maternity assessment ward to see what they suggest

DoctorDonnaNoble Sat 08-Aug-15 03:58:53

34 weeks today. Don't really want to ring maternity assessment as it's just a head cold - not pregnancy related, no symptoms implying a blood pressure issue. So annoyed with myself that all we have is Lemsip Max, Ibuprofen and co-codamol. Why did I let myself run out of paracetamol!

Eternalsunshines Sat 08-Aug-15 04:06:35

Pleased there is no other issues! I'm 37+ weeks and just cannot sleep hmm I hope your headache eases soon

toastyarmadillo Sat 08-Aug-15 04:28:48

I have numerous medical problems and took cocodemol throughout my last two pregnancies, my consultant had no concerns about me doing so. Disclaimer is However, I have been on cocodemol for years anyway. I think in your case if you can wait it out until you can get hold of paracetamol that may be better. Tesco or asda are open 24 hrs, send dh on an errand of mercy. Otherwise clear it with maternity at the hospital, out of hours service. It's always best to speak to them before you do anything. You may even require antibiotics for a bad case.
Non-drug suggestions to help with sinusitis would be try steaming or sitting in a steamy bathroom, with vicks vapour rub in the water if available.
Hope you feel better soon.

DoctorDonnaNoble Sat 08-Aug-15 04:35:32

Thanks. I've given up on sleeping for now. DH is fast asleep - he drive for 7 hours today so not going to send him to other side of town for 24 hour supermarket. When he gets up the local boots will be open so I'll send him for paracetamol and Vicks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now