Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Could this be gallstones?

(4 Posts)
Hummingbird15 Sat 08-Aug-15 03:18:17

I've woken up with really bad pain which goes from the top of my stomach/breastbone area right through to the middle of my back. Nothing I do seems to alleviate the pain and I'm wondering if it could be gallstones? I've never had them before so don't know.

Does anyone have any experience? And if it potentially is that, is there anything I can do??

cleanasawhistle Sat 08-Aug-15 03:41:25

I had that awful pain just below my breasts and right round to my back.I was always sick when I had the pain too.The doctor did say it was Gallbladder.I had a scan and no stones were found.The attacks eventually stopped happening but I was perscribed strong painkillers at the time.

Hope you feel better soon.

Hummingbird15 Sat 08-Aug-15 09:36:55

Thanks for your reply - I also felt quite sick. It lasted about 90 mins and then faded, so I'm just hoping it doesn't happen again, but will mention it to my gp this week.

Skiptonlass Sat 08-Aug-15 18:55:20

Epigastric pain can be a sign of pre eclampsia, so please give your midwife a call to describe the symptoms more thoroughly or talk to your GP.

If it is gallstones, there's very little you can do about it unfortunately. If it's not needing immediate attention they'd wait until after the birth to treat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now