Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

NCT -what to take for lunch...

(10 Posts)
ARV1981 Fri 07-Aug-15 16:03:53

Just this really.

Not sure what I should take for the bring and share lunch!

I think my hormones are getting the better of me but it's making me panic a little. hmm

Thank!

ARV1981 Fri 07-Aug-15 16:04:09

Thanks! Not thank...

Nousername2015 Fri 07-Aug-15 16:52:15

How about a pasta salad maybe? Could do green beans, tomatoes, sweetcorn or avocado perhaps maybe a bit of tuna or hard boiled eggs too? You don't need to worry about the pasta being well done or anything either!

LibrariesGaveUsPower Fri 07-Aug-15 17:10:43

parma ham, pate and a selection of stinky cheeses.grin

Or

cous cous salad - pack of those roasted Mediterranean vegetables and some feta.

tuna pasta salad.

potato salad

crudités and various dips (plus doritos)

Green salad, baguette and some cheese

Hipotle Fri 07-Aug-15 17:14:52

Libraries, were you in my NCT group?!?!

Yes to everything already mentioned OP - just nice, simple, snacky things. Indoor picnicky style. Nice crisps and dips are always a good one.

If you think that others will be home baking, or doing more complex things, then I second pasta/rice/couscous salads which are simple to just cook up and chuck loads of tasty stuff in! Mini cheese scones with goats cheese (the one in rolls is almost the perfect size for a mini scone when sliced!) and sundried tomatoes in are really simple and delish.

Relax, enjoy! smile

scarednoob Fri 07-Aug-15 17:15:43

not had an nct class yet, so this might be naïve - is this your first class, or is this for people you've already met? if you know each other by now, you could always send an email round to see who is bringing what, not to sound bossy or organising, just to make sure that everyone gets something they like and that you don't end up with 10 pasta salads and no sandwiches, for example?

Hipotle Fri 07-Aug-15 17:16:50

(PS that was meant to be a friendly sounding 'relax', but I realised I could have been read negatively). smile

Fishwives Fri 07-Aug-15 17:18:28

I'm afraid my only memory of eating during NCT lunches was Mr Kipling's iced fancies - at least two people brought them (it may have been the only available cake in the scuzzy corner shop near the venue), and we all tore into them like wolves. Possibly shoving aside all manner of crudités in order to get at them.

The mere sight of the box still reminds me of having Braxton Hicks.

scarednoob Fri 07-Aug-15 17:39:16

omg. having cut out any form of sugar or cake for the last 3.5 weeks due to sodding GD, I would crawl across broken glass for an iced fancy cake right now. yellow first, then pink. not so bothered for the chocolate ones, someone else can have those!!

ARV1981 Fri 07-Aug-15 18:52:05

Pasta salad I think it is then!

If I can be arsed, I'll make a Victoria sponge.... but let's face it I probably can't be....

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now