Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

FML

(8 Posts)
24hourM0MMY Fri 07-Aug-15 00:38:00

Omg, i have sprained my ankle badly, am 26 weeks pregnant, hubby is away for work another 2 days, and I have a lively 4 year old running around begging me to play pirates and do sword fighting with him. I would love to snap a pic of my living room and show you a snippet of the state of my home, but really, it's way too far gone and embarrassing now.

Just wanted to rant and shed a small tear here....

mrsg1888 Fri 07-Aug-15 01:15:38

hugs hope you feel better soon Hun
There's nothin worse than being sore whilst trying to tackle everything
My dh has been abroad for work since June and my dd who is 4 has taken this time to turn into a stroppy madam who won't do as she's told....whilst my spd gets worse haha! I'm with youwink
Get your ankle strapped up nice and tight and forget about the mess till u have help

24hourM0MMY Fri 07-Aug-15 07:04:34

Thank you x

MummyPiggy87 Fri 07-Aug-15 15:58:03

I did that about 2 weeks ago, in the garden carrying my nephew I was 23 weeks pregnant, stepped in a hidden hole the dog had dug and twisted my ankle so badly. Took a couple of days to feel better! Hugs!!x

Frolicacid Fri 07-Aug-15 16:20:18

Full sympathy from me 24hour. I'm 38 weeks and fell spectacularly on Wednesday. I now have a very sore knee (and bruised ego). But at least I don't have a little one trying to make me play pirates. Can you maybe suggest that the sofa is the boat and be a pirate with a bad leg who stays on the boat? Or get him to play doctor and you be the bed/sofa ridden patient? (I may or may not have played this with my niece when I had a really bad hangover once wink)
Forget the mess, you have a good excuse.
I hope you feel better soonflowers

24hourM0MMY Fri 07-Aug-15 18:58:07

Frolic that's a brilliant idea. Sofa boat! Thank you!!

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Fri 07-Aug-15 19:09:54

Oh my, I was in exactly your position last pregnancy 3 years ago. 26 weeks, couldn't put any weight on ankle, dh away for a week. I stayed in bed and peed into a bucket for 3 days until I could put weight on it. Miserable. Poor you.

24hourM0MMY Fri 07-Aug-15 19:32:44

Guybrush, i can only thank my lucky stars i am not peeing into a bucket in bed. At least I'm hobbling!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now