Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone else finding pregnancy harder than they thought?

(4 Posts)
NoArmaniNoPunani Thu 06-Aug-15 21:13:41

I'm 20 weeks on Monday. I thought I'd be in the stage where I start to 'glow' by now. Yet I'm still having all day nausea, food all tastes crap. I'm starting to wonder if I'll be like this all the way through now. I'm even wondering if this will be my only child!

Is anyone else feeling the same?

mummyneedinganswers Thu 06-Aug-15 22:08:29

I can sympathize with you. I'm 23 weeks and utterly fed up although wouldn't want baby to come early this past few days I've been struggling I still have HG, acne everywhere and extremely bad back and pelvis pain resulting in me needing crutches to walk. I think I'll be like this for another while it hasn't eased up from the start . here's hoping things get easier

Cornberry Thu 06-Aug-15 22:35:52

Oh god yes. Spent the first four months in bed and vomiting. List of symptoms has been endless. I've had practically every pregnancy symptom going and spent weeks asking why? Why me? Why do some women breeze through and I've had a nightmare pregnancy? Was sick every day until 23 weeks. If it helps after that I gradually began to feel better but food still leaves bad taste in my mouth and I still throw up every now and then ((37 weeks now) but third trimester definitely been easier. The only thing I can say is what people said to me - this too shall pass, and people keep telling me it's worth it in the end. One thing is for sure, you get to the point where the apprehension of childbirth takes second place to the desperation to no longer be pregnant! Hang in there x

Skiptonlass Thu 06-Aug-15 22:48:55

Yes. Absolutely. I was fit and healthy and assumed I'd be ok. Maybe a bit of sickness and backache.

Nope. Hideous sickness, especially the first 16 weeks or so, but still sick daily at almost 30 weeks. Finding eating tough, throat is raw and bleeding sad

Now have spd so bad I can barely walk and have been signed off work for the rest of the pregnancy!

It's much, much physically harder than I thought it'd be.

Having said that I know I'm lucky. We conceived ok, baby seems ok so far and however much pain I'm in it's hopefully temporary. Just another few weeks to go, be kind to yourself and hang on in there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now