Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bloated or....

(13 Posts)
Newtothis24 Thu 06-Aug-15 19:52:07

I have my booking in appointment on Tuesday next week, so I know I could wait really but I just keep wondering... Do you bloat huge amounts in your first trimester of pregnancy?! I think I'm around 8/9 weeks pregnant but is it possible I may have this wrong and be further along than I think? My tummy just looks really big, both my mum and partner have pointed it out and I'm like no no it's just bloating...

Newtothis24 Thu 06-Aug-15 19:57:58

Or I could just be piling on some pounds lol! ��

sarkymare Thu 06-Aug-15 20:02:42

I don't think I've ever met a pregnant woman that didn't bloat a lot during the first trimester! It's totally normal smile

cheezypeas Thu 06-Aug-15 20:03:00

I got very bloated very quickly and felt huge almost from time of bfp. Definitely by 8/9 weeks I felt like I looked pregnant...

Newtothis24 Thu 06-Aug-15 20:21:21

Thank you guys smile good to hear because I feel like I look pregnant too! But I know I wouldn't be showing this early!!

Lucy61 Thu 06-Aug-15 20:45:38

I am! Im nine weeks and looking obviously pregnant. I've been pregnant before and had a c section too.

Newtothis24 Thu 06-Aug-15 20:50:09

I suppose it is different for everyone! I literally have no idea as this is my first! I feel very clueless as to what to expect / what's normal! Looking forward to my appointment next week so I can feel a bit more in the know! smile

Junosmum Thu 06-Aug-15 20:53:49

Depending on what I'd eaten I could pass for 6 months pregnant come bed time. Has eased off massively in the second trimester.

SoozeyHoozey Thu 06-Aug-15 21:37:52

Yes definitely! I'm .11 weeks but look about six months!

LilyRose16 Thu 06-Aug-15 21:47:06

I thnk its normal, im nearly 10 weeks and have looked like i have a pot belly for a few weeks now! Already cant wear my jeans, but im the same weight as i was pre pregnancy!

zippyswife Thu 06-Aug-15 21:50:35

I'm massive and have been from 8 weeks. Someone gave me their seat on the train when I was 8-9 weeks and again last week-11 weeks. blush

zannyminxoxox Fri 07-Aug-15 15:14:23

Im the same 8 weeks and so bloated I keep thinking Im futher too but I can't be

Glindathegoodwitch Fri 07-Aug-15 15:19:45

I was bloated from about 7 weeks and wore floaty tops/scarves all of the time. The only thing I found was that it never really went away because as soon as I stopped bloating, the real bump came along - 2nd pregnancy so typical to show earlier. As soon as I put on a tighter fitting dress at 14 weeks pregnant, the bump and news was out there, no more hiding it! And people were shocked that I was 'only' 14 weeks by the size on me. Even though I had lost 5lbs through sickness!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now