Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pre-labour contractions

(2 Posts)
MaGratgarlik1983 Thu 06-Aug-15 12:05:52

Hi all
I'm 38+5 weeks pregnant and last night at 7pm started having pains like the head was pushing down more (was 2 5ths engaged last week) and it really hurt like pressure on my pelvis. This turned into period type cramps and a bad lower back with pains coming every 15 mins but only lasting for about 5 seconds at a time. This continued until I went to bed about 11 but then nothing! Fell asleep and woke up this morning no contractions
contractions. I really thought something was starting as I also had loose bowels (sorry tmi) - could this be the famous pre-labour pains?? My mw did mention that I might get some- has anyone else??

Rosenwyn1985 Thu 06-Aug-15 21:00:32

I am 38 weeks today and I've been having awful Braxton hicks since last night (barely slept a wink). I even timed them this morning just to ensure they weren't getting closer together. They last about 20-30 seconds, every 15 ish minutes. And they haven't stopped... All day.... Struggling to walk as the pressure when they happen makes me feel like baby is going to explode outwards. Worse, like you, I know it could last weeks! This is my second but my first came after a sudden gush of waters breaking and I never had a slow build up of contractions, they started a couple of minutes apart so I'm feeling pretty clueless and frustrated! Irritating isn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now