Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reduced movements at 37+2

(16 Posts)
ElleyBear13 Thu 06-Aug-15 09:35:53

Morning mnetters,

I don't know whether I'm fretting for a reason or just to chill but...from saturday-tuesday babys movements increased alot, he kept me up every night and I was absolutely exhausted. At one point I thought i was going into labour as the hicks wouldn't let up alongside groin and back ache.

Yesterday I awoke after a almost full nights sleep (two loo runs!) and felt tons better no hicks, no backache no groin pain, so I got the washing done/cooking etc. baby was moving but not as much as the previous days. I went to bed last night and again didn't feel him move as much,I've awoke this morning a tad worried as hes squirming (i can feel him) but its not his normal pattern.

I'm a little worried pestering the assessment unit as I was in at 34+1 (for two days) as i had irritable uterus and they were monitoring his movements then. I was also in at 30, and 26 weeks with reduced movements (he was just being a tinker!)

Do you think i should wait and see how he gets on this morning? or should i phone the assessment unit now and explain the above? or is this just the end of the pregnancy and my body adjusting?

I dont know if im fretting as we lost first baby to mc and i seem to worry over the littlest of things.

thank you x

Singsongsung Thu 06-Aug-15 09:37:16

Phone them and let the experts decide. Much better to be over cautious and at least you'll have piece of mind.

dlwelly Thu 06-Aug-15 09:39:02

Call them!

FernGullysWoollyPully Thu 06-Aug-15 09:40:16

Any change in baby's movements should be checked. Don't feel like you're fretting over nothing op. It's better to be checked out and have peace of mind.

stupidgirl45 Thu 06-Aug-15 09:40:34

Always always always call them - much better to be overly cautious smile

Hope everything is okay

ElleyBear13 Thu 06-Aug-15 09:41:09

Thank you ladies, I'm on my own and i have no one to call (hubby, mum, family all at work today!) so i didn't know if i was fretting over nothing. thank you, ill give them a call and see what they say. Honestly the past few days his movements were constant- kick, kick,kick - i was amazed at his energy!

stupidgirl45 Thu 06-Aug-15 09:51:18

Keep us posted, am sure all is okay.

Will be thinking of you

Ahemily Thu 06-Aug-15 10:06:46

I'm sure it'll be fine but calling is definitely the right thing to do. Have you tried downing a glass of ice cold water?

ElleyBear13 Thu 06-Aug-15 10:16:25

Thank you mnetters! Going in now and ive tried ice cold lemonade and sugary bon bons (he normally goes a tad hyper when i have anything sugary...although by his track record he likes to scare his mum till she gets into hospital!) x

lauraa4 Thu 06-Aug-15 10:24:55

Does this happen quite often? As in movements will pick up for a few days and then drop off again?

My baby regularly has about two or three mad days, and then movements will drop off for two or three days and then start up again. It used to be very worrying, but he's been doing this for so long I sort of see it as a pattern. However if this is unusual for your baby then yes I would get checked out.

ohidoliketobe Thu 06-Aug-15 10:42:23

Hope everything's ok OP. Pleased to see you're heading in to get checked out. You can't be too cautious when it comes to movement. I was advised by my midwife team that any chanel in pattern should be checked out (increase or decrease) and when I went in at 36 weeks with concerns they took me seriously. All was fine but at no point was I made to feel foolish for going in or a time waster.

ElleyBear13 Thu 06-Aug-15 11:59:57

Hello ladies! THANK YOU for everyones kind words and advice...i ended up having an emergency scan as my bumps measuring smaller than last week. Baby/placenta etc are all normal estimated weight at 7pounds2 head down. Went on the cgc mointor too and all fine. Phew! Been told to come back any time i notice anything smile

scarednoob Thu 06-Aug-15 13:00:20

the pattern of movements is so difficult. mine has days when she kicks a lot and days when she is really quiet. and there is no real logic to the time of day at all either. it drives me insane with worry; I wake up every morning panicking that I'm not feeling anything. gaaah!

glad you're on track; 7lbs at 36 weeks sounds like a nice healthy babs!

Ahemily Thu 06-Aug-15 13:01:14

Fab news OP! thanks

ElleyBear13 Thu 06-Aug-15 13:17:59

Thank you and I agree his movements used to be (prior to 34 weeks) mainly on the evenings and since 34 weeks its been all over. So fustrating! Just glad he's okay smile

Iggi999 Fri 07-Aug-15 15:11:27

Logged in to see how you had got on. Great news - take them at their word and go back in if you have any doubts at all. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now