Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What in earth is happening - 38+6

(4 Posts)
OMC1 Thu 06-Aug-15 09:00:43

Hi all,

Am 38+6 with my first and a bit confused at the moment as to some 'symptoms' I'm having - as usual, Google is a minefield of conflicting info!

For the past few days, my discharge has been really heavy and really watery - I don't think it's my waters, as it doesn't seem to smell noticeably sweet, as I have read, but I am now wearing a pad all the time. A couple of days ago, there was also a very small streak of blood in my discharge, but since then nothing else!

I'm having no particular pains (except for the usual aches!) So haven't phoned the midwife or hospital yet, should I just hang tight and wait for contractions or more definite symptoms?

Appreciate any advice! smile

bearchomp Thu 06-Aug-15 12:36:13

I would phone for advice as your waters can leak before they break. It won't do any harm speaking with a midwife and will probably put your mind at rest.

Doublebubblebubble Thu 06-Aug-15 12:39:55

Definitely speak to your midwife as bear says you can have a slow leak... Don't forget to take the pads you've been wearing or at least one so that they can be tested for amniotic fluid x good luck x you've not got long really xx

FernGullysWoollyPully Thu 06-Aug-15 12:41:25

I agree. I would ring them and ask for advice at least.

I had no pain but constant feeling of wetness and needing to wee with my first. Turned out my waters were trickling. By the time he came at 40+11 he was quite distressed and had passed meconium inside me. I don't know that the two were related but it's worth getting checked I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now