Talk

Advanced search

Placenta Previa?

(5 Posts)
LorryHen Wed 05-Aug-15 20:14:39

Hello smile

I'm nearly 29 weeks and at my 20 week scan the report states that my placenta is posterior but doesn't say whether it was high or low.

I had a 4d scan on Saturday and it was non diagnostic and she didn't mention where my placenta was. But he is head down and there are pictures where he has his placenta on his head like a hat.

Am I being silly in thinking it could be covering my cervix and should I get it looked at?

Thanks!

techgirl Wed 05-Aug-15 20:26:22

I had this with DD but it resolved before full term. If anything had looked off at the 20 week scan you'd have another scan later to see if it had resolved but there is no harm in asking your midwife what they think.

IfYouWereARiverIdLearnToFloat Wed 05-Aug-15 20:28:51

I've just had my 20 week scan & placenta is anterior & low-ish lying. The radiographer measured everything & I've to go back at 32 weeks to be rescanned just to check its moved higher. If they've not asked you to come back I'd assume everything is fine? I was told it only needs to be 2cm from opening of cervix to be considered safe & in some areas the guidelines are less than this.

debbiewells21 Thu 06-Aug-15 01:25:13

Normally they would pick up on a low laying placenta but if you are concerned call your midwife to have a chat about it. I gather you never asked at the scan you paid for?

AbbeyRoadCrossing Thu 06-Aug-15 06:53:04

Is it definitely the placenta? If the sonographer told you it was low then the NHS should rescan you at 32 weeks. If they said nothing it's probably not low or not the placenta you can see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now