Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pessary 3hours ago

(4 Posts)
MumToBe2015R Wed 05-Aug-15 16:36:35

In for induction today. Had pessary put in at 1:30 & now I'm feeling sharp pain & discomfort in vagina. Could this be contractions?

First baby so unaware of what to expect.

Went for a wee about 30mins ago don't no weather I've disturbed the pessary or something.

applecore0317 Wed 05-Aug-15 17:00:06

Good luck smile I wasn't induced, but for me there was no question in my mind as to whether the pain I was experiencing was contractions, took my breath away.

Everyone is different though. Hope you don't have to wait too long to meet your little one.

brokencrayons Wed 05-Aug-15 17:15:13

My labour was induced with dd1. I had pessary and my labour started with very slight cramps like period pains x I didn't get sharp pain down below, call on the mw and ask her if its ok? X

Alibongo33 Wed 05-Aug-15 17:26:05

Ask midwife pessary could have irritated skin, usually pessaries usually start giving back ache, period pain and cramping aches not sharp pain

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now