Talk

Advanced search

SPD

(6 Posts)
Ficidy Wed 05-Aug-15 07:17:03

I'm 23 weeks on my second pregnancy and I'm fairly sure I have the onset of SPD. I had very bad groin pain on my right side during the night and couldn't get comfortable. It's still there. Does this sound like SPD? If so, is there anything I can do to avoid it getting worse? I didn't have this problem on my first pregnancy.

cherrytreehorn Wed 05-Aug-15 08:03:10

Sounds like it. I went to my gp at 22 weeks with the same thing and told them I though it was spd. It came on one evening and was excruciating! They referred me to a physio who gave me daily exercises to do. I do 10 minutes pilates each morning and exercises on a birth ball every night and im pleased to say now at 32 weeks im almost completely back to normal. I have now upped it to include a walk up to the shops and back. Don't leave it as it will get worse and you can end up on crutches. If you have a job where you are sitting or standing for long periods talk to them about making adjustments or reducing your hours. I had a friend who tried to 'soilder on' through it and she continued to have it long after pregnancy. Take action as soon as you can and you should be fine smile

cherrytreehorn Wed 05-Aug-15 08:07:28

Ps- the physio only gave me the birth ball exercises and told me to introduce short bursts of yoga or pilates. The pilates dvd I use is free on youtube 'prenatal pilates 10 minute solution' if that helps.

Ficidy Wed 05-Aug-15 08:19:18

Oh brilliant, great tips there. Thanks so much. I don't know what I did with my birthing ball from the last time. Must root it out.

Thundercrackers Wed 05-Aug-15 08:22:08

Hi! I had this and a great tip I heard was to put a bin liner on the car seat to help you swivel round and get out easily. My midwife said I had to 'be like duchess Kate at all times and keep those knees together!' Hope you feel better soon x

ilovelamp82 Wed 05-Aug-15 08:53:47

I had it bad with both of mine. The best thing you can do is sleep with a thick pillow between your knees.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now