Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

super-commuting not so super

(5 Posts)
firstbabyyeh Tue 04-Aug-15 21:39:00

Hi ladies,

I commute (as a round trip) between 4 hours 20 and 5 hours a day 4-5 days a week. Up at 5:30am on those days and home at 8pm.

I don't really feel like I'm coping with this routine very well (!) Am 16 weeks pregnant.

Anyone else commute like this and, if so, how long into pregnancy did you manage to sustain this please?

Thanks grin

GoooRooo Tue 04-Aug-15 22:11:30

Me! I do a three hour commute each way, although thankfully only 2 - 3 days a week. I stopped doing it at 28 weeks on advice from my GP as I just wasn't coping with it and had phlebitis which was not helped by the long journey - and have been working from home since then (currently 32+1)

I've got four more weeks of working from home then I got on mat leave. It can't come soon enough.

firstbabyyeh Tue 04-Aug-15 23:04:53

Oh wow GoooRooo you're a warrior! Interesting that 28 weeks was when you stopped (I'll try for a bit longer) and great to hear you have found a working from home solution. Thanks for getting in touch smile

firstbabyyeh Wed 05-Aug-15 06:57:30

*oof I meant I'll try and keep going for a bit longer than I have so far, vs out doing your 28 weeks!

GoooRooo Wed 05-Aug-15 07:38:17

Commuting is really tough. Especially five days a week. Can you negotiate working from home a bit more? Or use up some annual leave?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now