Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Unusual gtt?

(9 Posts)
MisterPip Tue 04-Aug-15 18:23:51

Had gtt today, no fasting blood taken then allowed home before bloods two hours after lucozade. Isn't this an unusual way of doing it?

cheezypeas Tue 04-Aug-15 19:39:56

Does sound a bit strange! I had mine yesterday and had bloods done first, then drink and told not to go too far in case I felt faint. 2nd bloods done 2 hours later. Just waiting for results now hmm

contractor6 Tue 04-Aug-15 20:33:37

I wasn't allowed home, apparently not allowed to walk around etc. Also would think they'd need to compare fasting blood...check with midwife

MisterPip Tue 04-Aug-15 20:38:10

I felt fine, but did drive on motorway one junction home (15-20min was otherwise bored). Told I could go... Did seem odd to fast and not test a fasting level

scarednoob Tue 04-Aug-15 20:57:17

I was told specifically not to walk around or go anywhere as it can burn off the sugar more quickly!

Jellybean100 Tue 04-Aug-15 21:27:41

So what exactly did you have done? If you didn't have a fasting blood done, and also didn't have bloods taken after lucozade, did you just go to the hospital for a drink of lucozade???confusedgrin

MisterPip Tue 04-Aug-15 22:42:05

I did after...

MagpieCursedTea Tue 04-Aug-15 23:30:29

Was it the lucozade challenge rather than a full on GTT?
I think with the challenge they get you to drink the lucozade at home then just do one blood test.

Skiptonlass Wed 05-Aug-15 07:12:10

Sounds like you didn't have the full GTT. That requires a baseline reading ( some trials I've worked on take multiple time points over three hours )

They may just have wanted to test your post ingestion levels? Talk to your mw about it next time you see her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now