Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Little red spots on belly

(6 Posts)
nicolah132 Mon 03-Aug-15 20:59:53

Hi all! I'm 28 weeks pregnant and recently I've just started noticing little red spots on my belly... It started with 2 or 3! Now I'm counting more every night! They are not itchy or anything and not bothering me, just wanted to know if anyone knew what they were or if anyone has them too?

Skiptonlass Mon 03-Aug-15 21:36:51

What do they look like? Crusty? Fluid filled? Size? Shape?

RockerMummy184 Mon 03-Aug-15 21:50:08

Are they burst blood vessels? My whole body is covered in them, my belly gets more and more covered each day!

Siesta Mon 03-Aug-15 22:42:42

I think I had these in the second trimester. Not itchy. They spread for a couple of weeks from below boobs to the pelvis. The midwife took one look at them and declared them "normal". She said it was due to an increase in hormones. I'm 31 weeks now and they have disappeared.

nicolah132 Tue 04-Aug-15 03:14:44

They are tiny, not crusty and just a little bit red! I'm starting to think they are burst blood vessels after speaking to some friends too! I have midwife on Thursday so hoping she will say they are normal too!

wispywoo1 Tue 04-Aug-15 09:21:04

When I was about 8 weeks I was covered in a rash over my stomach. I had little red spots everywhere. They weren't scabby or flakey or anything. Just red patches. I went to the Dr and he didn't really know what it was and then it miraculously went. Hasn't been back. Our immune systems go a bit crazy when pregnant. Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now