Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

16 week appointment- what happens?

(7 Posts)
Wildflower91 Mon 03-Aug-15 20:06:57

Hi everyone, I'm 15 weeks pregnant with identical twins and at my 12 week scan I was told to come back in 4 weeks (next week). What happens at this appointment, do I get another ultrasound, blood/urine tests etc?

RockerMummy184 Mon 03-Aug-15 20:16:02

My twins are DCDA and I'm having 4-weekly scans throughout my pregnancy so I'd be inclined to say you definitely will get scanned again at your 16 week appointment, then again at your 20 week anomaly scan, and I believe you'll then be scanned 2 weekly after this until your babies are born.
Congratulations! X

RockerMummy184 Mon 03-Aug-15 20:17:26

Oh and bloods/urine samples as well as blood pressure every time too due to increased risk of pre-eclampsia.

Wildflower91 Mon 03-Aug-15 20:31:14

Brilliant thanks so much Rocker.. Hope everything is going well for you, still sinking in with me! :-)

Shoegal30 Mon 03-Aug-15 22:08:05

I had my 16 week appointment today but with singleton baby and not twins but I got to hear the heartbeat today which was fab!

Also blood pressure and urine sample checked. Was also told about NHS antenatal classes.

Good luck x

EdgarAllenPoe Tue 04-Aug-15 09:38:44

I just had my 16 week appointment. She did my blood pressure, urine test and she listened for a heartbeat (apparently they don't all do this at 16 weeks) and asked about my general well-being. She also made sure I was booked in for the 20 week ultrasound scan. Also asked about NHS antenatal classes and told there aren't any at all in my area!

Mine's a singleton though, I don't know if it's different for twins.

cth1982 Tue 04-Aug-15 14:36:20

I has my 16 week appointment 3 weeks ago and personally I found it a bit pointless - the Midwife was running late so I was rushed in, had BP and urine checked, October appointment booked, reminded I needed to have a GP appointment in 9 weeks and was shoved out the door! I also told her I had tested positive for Strep B (I had some early bleeding and the nurses as the EPU did a swap which showed it up) but she didn't bother writing it down!

It would have been nice to try and hear the HB as I am a worrier and it might have helped put to bed some back of the mind worries but now I just have to wait for my next scan instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now