Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What would you do

(6 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Rae22 Mon 03-Aug-15 18:03:57

Hi everyone iv just found out I'm pregnant again iv got two children who are 1 & 2. My partner said to me only a few weeks ago that if I became pregnant again he would want me to have an abortion my lmp was 30tg may and lasted about 4 days so not sure on how many weeks I could be. I'm really scared and don't know what to do I haven't been able to face telling my partner yet I don't know what to do. I don't know if I'd cope with another just yet

GoooRooo Mon 03-Aug-15 18:07:36

Rae22 flowers for you. As you've posted in pregnancy you are likely to get a variety of responses here - not all of which will be favourable when it comes to abortion. You might be better off asking MNHQ to move this to Pregnancy Choices where you will get support from women who may have made that choice themselves.

YouBastardSockBalls Mon 03-Aug-15 18:08:55

What do you want?
Forget your partner for now. It's not his decision.

YetAnotherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 03-Aug-15 19:51:48

Hi Rae22,
We are fine with this discussion taking place wherever you feel most comfortable, however if you do decide you want this moved to another board, just report your first post and ask us to move it, okay? Hope you start to feel less scared soon.

honeysucklejasmine Mon 03-Aug-15 19:54:59

There can't be many people who ever were forced to have an abortion by another person and didn't end up regretting it?

If you think it's right for you, do it. But if you feel pressured.... Tread carefully. flowers

Junosmum Mon 03-Aug-15 20:04:00

Is your relationship good otherwise or are there other things which concern you about your partner?

You can't terminate the pregnancy based on his wishes, it has to be your decision. If you do it will breed resentment and hurt and your relationship is unlikely to survive that.

Also 'if you get pregnant' suggests he takes no responsibility for his part, you couldn't get pregnant alone!

If you choose to terminate, for your own reasons please consider the relationship anyway, he doesn't sound great. Thevfact that you are worried about telling him speaks volumes.

Also consider longer acting contraceptives.

Take care of yourself what ever you do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now