Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ANOTHER urine repeat? (mixed growth)

(4 Posts)
MisterPip Mon 03-Aug-15 12:43:00

Third test in a row for mixed growth in urine, I'm VERY confident I did them properly (there's even a sink in the toilet for a handy wash/ wipe before getting a mid-stream sample).

It's getting a little silly, has anyone else had repeated returns for mixed growth?

I'd probably ignore them at this stage...but my last dc was perm due to an infection so I'm wary.

AbbeyRoadCrossing Mon 03-Aug-15 12:58:56

I've had to do one repeat, I guess to make sure it's gone? Have they given you any medication?

MisterPip Mon 03-Aug-15 13:05:08

No treatment has been offered, a routine sample resulting in many letters with a form for repeat saying 'this may indicate an infection'.

Skiptonlass Mon 03-Aug-15 13:49:06

not personally had them, but I work with urine test results (and bloods) every day and it's very, very common. It's generally due to just the normal flora on the skin/body surfaces but of course you can't rule out an infection. Obviously you're wary due to past experience, which is understandable!

Google 'clean catch urine sample' and ask your mw For a tube to take home with you so you can take your time and take the sample at home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now