Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Has anyone had a c-section when they have bad adhesions?

(5 Posts)
Mummytogoldie Mon 03-Aug-15 00:37:02

I am due to have my 3rd c section in a couple of weeks and I am getting really nervous. I have really bad adhesions which were discovered in my 2nd section , caused by my 1st emergency section. There will be more adhesions from the second section as well as the bad ones from the 1st section and I am really scared of well basically dying on the operating table :/ A consultant is doing the section as it is considered dangerous but they have basically said they can't tell how bad it will be until the section. Anyone else experienced this, I am really scared x

Mummytogoldie Mon 03-Aug-15 22:05:33

Anyone?

fhdl34 Mon 03-Aug-15 22:16:28

Hi
I haven't had experience but am following if you don't mind. We are TTC and if we do this will be my 3rd section, no adhesions from first but worry I won't be so lucky next time. I was so scared for my second section which was planned (first was emcs) but it went ok although the consultant said I shouldn't have any more as it would be very high risk. I went for a birth reflections appt and the midwife said she could see no specific reason why the consultant told me that as there were no adhesions, just DS's head was difficult to deliver a bit.
I hope it goes ok for you, did they not say after whether you were ok to have more or not?

Mummytogoldie Tue 04-Aug-15 00:27:32

The same as you after my 2nd section the surgeon came to see me and said it would be dangerous to have another. I now have a different partner and we went and saw a consultant before ttc and he said he could see no specific reason in ths notes why the surgeon said that and said it should be ok to ttc. So similar to yours by the sound of it. I am really nervous :/

fhdl34 Tue 04-Aug-15 07:10:34

I have a high bmi so my midwife suggested that was probably why she was saying it as they took an age to site the epidural, I thought I would end up having a general. I would be concerned about that this time but I tell myself it is one day and I have almost shed my baby weight now with hopefully more after.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now