Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tummy sensations in early pregnancy

(9 Posts)
MKGirl94 Sun 02-Aug-15 23:18:53

Hi All,

I'm hoping for some reassurance or helpful advice. I found out just over a month ago that I am pregnant with my first baby, around 8/9 weeks so I'm not really sure which sensations are normal and if any are not. Basically I am having slight trouble in the loo department, sometimes struggling a little with number 2 but I understand this is pretty common. But I am able to pee quite regularly but I always seem to have the feeling in my tummy that I still need to go or I'm not quite comfortable. I also sometimes get slight pains that feel like period pains. Is this just my body growing and adjusting or bloating from the prenatal vitamins or should I be worried? I appreciate any help at all.

Thank you

lauraa4 Sun 02-Aug-15 23:28:27

All sounds completely normal. Pregnancy vitamins can make you constipated! Also the peeing regularly is something that you will probably have all the way through. However if you are experiencing any pains when actually peeing you may have a UTI which is also quite common in pregnancy!

As for any other cramping /period pains as long as they are only mild and not constant they are very normal. I had them until about 10 weeks and it's just your body adjusting.

Congrats on your pregnancy smile

MKGirl94 Sun 02-Aug-15 23:33:39

Thank you lauraa4. Its a relief just to get a second opinion as I read up on it and thought it was normal but when you have never experienced it before you can never be too sure.

Thank you very much, I am very excited! smile

Hellion7433 Sun 02-Aug-15 23:37:37

I had all of that. I then developed indigestion when ever I ate wheat. My midwife was the same and the link was very clear once she mentioned it.

I could poo a hell of a lot better by avoiding wheat and oats I realised.

Hellion7433 Sun 02-Aug-15 23:38:13

Yes and period pains and twinges are all normal

MKGirl94 Sun 02-Aug-15 23:59:17

Thank you for the tip Hellion7433. I will give that a go myself and see how I get on after that! smile

Sighing Mon 03-Aug-15 07:35:26

With the peeing. I read somewhere about slightly rocking forwards and back to force any last wee out in pregnancy. I'm 9 weeks now and I do find it does appear to get a bit more wee out already.
The glamour of pregnancy is never ending wink

Impatientwino Mon 03-Aug-15 07:50:08

I've had quite a few UTIs and when I have them I always feel like I'm not quite done and not comfortable, exactly as you describe.

I'd get checked out if this is a daily thing as, like a previous poster says they are quite common in pregnancy.

Your doc/nurse should be able to do a simple dipstick

Congratulations on your pregnancy. May it be boring and uneventful smile

MKGirl94 Mon 03-Aug-15 17:42:39

Thank you for all your replies and advice! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now